09/10/2010

Little stickers, stickers for everyone

Sometimes I think that I should carry two rolls of stickers in my pocket. One roll of beautiful gold stars and a roll of ugly black hearts. I could hand them out, grade 1 style, to people throughout the day for acts I've witnessed.

Care for an example?
I thought so.

Yesterday the metro was packed and a little old lady squeezed in at the last minute. One young gentleman grabbed her to help her with her balance as the metro picked up speed; a second guy quickly gave up his seat so she could sit down.

Good job gentlemen!
Now that's two gold stars right there.

And as for the black hearts? I'd give one to the guy that stepped right in front of the preggo lady trying to get on the same metro.

Dude, not cool.
Here's a black heart, now go and think about what you've done.




What would have you handed out lately?

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Gold stickers:
One Grade 1 friend sharing the last Mo Willems-Gerald and Piggie Book with another one who did not get to choose one for his book box.

For my kids who spent their day off while I was at a PD day cleaning the house! My kids rock!

My fellow staff member who went out to buy Kiandra lunch when she forgot it at home and Conrad had the van.

Black heart:
Driver who was speeding down the road and nearly cut me off, and multiple other drivers, while I was driving Kiandra to youth.