06/10/2010

If you can follow this, kudos to you!

(Warning to Tiffany: If inappropriate tense changes kill you, please for the sake of your children, don't read on.)


Yes, I'm going to Costa Rica next week.

How did that happen, you ask? I wonder the same thing myself.

Let's see, where did it start....



Let's rewind, to August:

We were in Colorado Springs, sitting in a stinky hotel room, battling through the weeks of training at HCJB... Amongst all the chaos of travel, of morning sickness, of trying to figure out what we are suppose to do with our lives, and of just wanting to 'go home' (where ever that would be)...

C: "Tom? I think I need to go back to Costa Rica. I need to see everyone. I need to know they are all still there. I miss them so dearly, and I don't know when we will get a chance to go."

T (who was telecommuting into work via the hotel's free wireless): "Then you should go. If it's laid on your heart to go, you should go."

C: "Well, I don't want to go by myself."

T: "I absolutely cannot go. But I would love it if you could go for us. Think and pray about who should go with you. Then ask."

So I did, and I surprised an acquaintance (A) out of the blue with an e-mail from our Colorado Springs hotel room. I extended her an invitation to travel to CR with me without a date, budget, time line, or agenda included in the e-mail.

She said "I'm in!"**



Fast-forward to September:

Over a month had past. We spent time in Manitoba visiting family and at Tom's brother's wedding. We came back to Montreal and life started to really pick up. Between moving in, shopping for apartment stuff, and both of us starting to work outside the home full time (which was a complete surprise), it could have easily gotten lost.

But it didn't. It was still there. A nag. A pull.

I looked up the price of tickets. *WOW* They nearly doubled since I first proposed the idea to A. It would just be too expensive now!!



Fast-forward a bit more:

We were at a church BBQ when someone I didn't know sat down beside me to eat a burger. We introduce ourselves. Her name rings a bell...



Rewind to June:

We are in Ecuador, and I receive a very encouraging e-mail via the candiceandtom blog. It's from a new comer to our church. She wants to get together when we get home...



Fast-forward back to BBQ:

C: "Wow, wait! Did you write to me while we were in Ecuador?"

L: "Yes, that was me!"

C: "Cool! I'm so glad we got to meet. How are you doing?"

L: "I'm good, but I need to tell you something: I'm an independent travel agent. If you ever need or want to go anywhere I can get you tickets. At cost."

C (nearly chocking on her burger) "Excuse me?"

L: "This isn't a sales pitch or anything. I just know you guys travel a lot and I'd love to help you out."

T (who is grinning): "Can you get her and her friend some tickets to Costa Rica?"

L: "I'll see what I can go."


Fast-forward 2 days:

I receive a quote for two flights to Costa Rica in my inbox. The price is way better than I could find. Pretty much the same price as when I was looking in Colorado Springs. The dates are great in respect to how much time A and I can manage to get away for.

I e-mail A, and after over a month of not talking about it, I send her dates, budget, and time-line. The departure date is only a few weeks away.

She says "Book 'em. I'll go get my shots."


Fast-froward to today:

So, yes. I'm are going to Costa Rica next week. Not with Tom, but with an acquaintance (we don't know each other that well right now, but oh, we will!!).

I'm looking forward to touching base with everyone there and introducing them to my belly.


Please pray for a safe, uneventful trip. We'll be gone from next Wednesday to the following Monday!!

5 comments:

Sonya said...

That's crazy! And so awesome! Have a good trip. :)

Tiffany said...

That's awesome! It's amazing how things work out sometimes. I guess you were meant to go!

Ange said...

That is wonderful, awesome, all the above! Yes, I will pray for a safe, uneventful trip for you both! Have a great trip!

Heather said...

Hope you have a wonderful and safe trip!! Will be praying.

Pamela said...

Awesome!! Safe Travels to you!