The road home was a bit rough at first, then we settled into a grove and the rest of the trip went swimmingly. Which is really cool considering there was an infant in the car.
Our time in Elkhart was very insightful. I am looking forward to seeing how God leads from here. We're all ears!
But being home? Being home has been WONDERFUL! Here's a few things that I'm really digging about being back:
- Apparently I own more than the 4 shirts!
- Being able to sleep in my own bed.
- Getting to make a mess and not feel guilty that I made a mess in someone else' place.
- Not being so concerned that Jay will out grow ALL of his clothes. I now realize we have buckets of larger sized clothes. Before we were limited to what was in the suitcase.
- Getting to wear warmer clothes. When we left it was beautiful (+25!) out and although I tried to pack appropriate gear, space was tight to cover summer, fall, AND winter.
- Getting to use my new winter coat. I snagged this awesome down-filled long winter jacket at a garage sale this past summer for $5. Problem is, the weather is too nice right now to sport it. Soon enough I'm sure, right?
- Jay gets to sleep in HIS room! It was during the trip that we started putting him to bed in a separate room from ours, so this is the first time he's sleeping in his very own room. I love his room and it warms my heart to see him using it. I think I should post a pic...
- Making dinner. I love to cook for my family and I get to again.
- Montreal's Kijiji. There's something about a population of 3 million that leads to some great deals.
- Our church family. It was so nice to see (most) everyone again this past Sunday.