30/11/2011

it's great to be home

Leaving Winnipeg was tough. Being there for so long led to deepening of relationships and rekindling of old ones. We are so appreciative for the time we were able to spend there for those very reasons. Oh yeah, and Jay got to spend a lot of time with the fams :)

The road home was a bit rough at first, then we settled into a grove and the rest of the trip went swimmingly. Which is really cool considering there was an infant in the car.

Our time in Elkhart was very insightful. I am looking forward to seeing how God leads from here. We're all ears!

But being home? Being home has been WONDERFUL! Here's a few things that I'm really digging about being back:
  • Apparently I own more than the 4 shirts!
  • Being able to sleep in my own bed.
  • Getting to make a mess and not feel guilty that I made a mess in someone else' place.
  • Not being so concerned that Jay will out grow ALL of his clothes. I now realize we have buckets of larger sized clothes. Before we were limited to what was in the suitcase.
  • Getting to wear warmer clothes. When we left it was beautiful (+25!) out and although I tried to pack appropriate gear, space was tight to cover summer, fall, AND winter.
  • Getting to use my new winter coat. I snagged this awesome down-filled long winter jacket at a garage sale this past summer for $5. Problem is, the weather is too nice right now to sport it. Soon enough I'm sure, right?
  • Jay gets to sleep in HIS room! It was during the trip that we started putting him to bed in a separate room from ours, so this is the first time he's sleeping in his very own room. I love his room and it warms my heart to see him using it. I think I should post a pic...
  • Making dinner. I love to cook for my family and I get to again.
  • Montreal's Kijiji. There's something about a population of 3 million that leads to some great deals.
  • Our church family. It was so nice to see (most) everyone again this past Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you too Candice! And baby J!