14/11/2011

Christmas wish list

Over on Pamela's blog she's started a Christmas wish list for anyone who's interested. I'm not nearly as organized as her to have pictures/specifics on the items, nor do I expect a gift from anyone, but it could be fun to dream none the less.

  • A cute apron. Sorry, don't have any additional details other than 'cute'.
  • Sewing skills... Hhmm... Is there such as a thing as a Sewing for Dummies book? (Apparently there is!) I have access to a good machine, just no idea how to operate it.
  • A new bread maker. One that makes horizontal loaves. I should blog about the current state of my bread maker.
  • Cloth/fabric shopping bags. I'm going to try and go plastic bagless next year. I may need a few of these to have some here, there, and everywhere so I can accomplish my goal.
  • Tuition (and time) for a photography course. This is waaaaaaaay up there on my wishlist, just don't know how it can become reality.
  • One of those tall, large, red and white striped mugs currently being sold at Safeway for $4.99. They look perfect for a cappuccino!
  • Yoga pants from Lulu Lemon (for those of you who won the lottery this year). Specifically the Groove Pant in black, size six, tall. ;) A girl can dream, can't she?

Also...
  • Reusable snack bags, like these. As Jonathan is getting more into finger foods, these will be awesome for healthy snacks on the go. Available at most kid supply stores and eco-friendly shops. Including the Baby Bin Boutique on Corydon.

  • A subscription to Fluff of the Month club!! A brand new (guilt free!) cloth diaper in the mail once a month would be truly awesome! Plus it would take up no room at all in the suitcase back to Montreal after Christmas ;) A perfect gift for Candice!! (Or, for Jonathan, lol!) If you're interested, please check 'doesn't matter' for diaper type and JayJay is currently in the 16-22 pound category :)

  • A diaper sprayer. True luxury for a cloth diapering mama. I'd be thrilled with this!



  • Of course reusable produce bags would help round-out the plastic baglessness that I want to tackle in the new year.


Probably to be continued...







**Please note: Links are provided for reference only. Although I love the items in the links, they don't HAVE TO BE those exact items, know what I mean?

5 comments:

Pamela said...

lol! If I actually want to see anything on my list, Conrad needs pictures!

As far as reusable bags, I would highly recommend RUME bags. I got a set a few years ago and they are still going strong. I have totally given up using plastic bags and even though I have a few brands, the RUME bags have held up better than any of the others,

Candice said...

Wow, they can hold up to 50 pounds?!?!!? Yes a couple of those would be perfect for my stash to take care of the tougher jobs! Love their designs and colours too. My favs are the Plum, Espresso, and Silicon Valley black striped one.

Thanks for the tip, Pamela!

Pamela said...

I know! 50 pounds is awesome! Too funny about the Silicon Valley black striped one....I own that one!
http://pamela-thelongwayaround.blogspot.com/2011/05/all-my-bags-are-packed.html

jat said...

hey C - if you learn how to sew - you can make alot of those things easily! my friend makes reusable cloth snack bags from cool fabric and lines them with waterproof stuff. Also - you could totally customize your own apron (alternatively, sweet impressions in wpg and mcnally robinsons have a ton of really cute aprons)

Candice said...

My thoughts EXACTLY Jat! (re: sewing my own) I just have to learn... I don't even know how to thread a machine, or what fabric to use, or how to sew a straight line... Or, well, how to sew at all for that matter never mind straight.