08/10/2010

The Jacket

This past April, Tom and I took a trip to the west coast with his parents. The trip was wonderful, but boy howdy was it colder than anticipated! We were all under dressed for the weather and were left begging and borrowing relatives’ garments.


I froze.

Well, until I found The Jacket.


It was beautiful. Sitting there on it’s hanger in the marina. Cozy, trendy, wooly, wonderfulness. Could you ask for more? I gave it a test run by wearing it out onto the dock to visit the seals. And I could still feel my arms after. Sold!

I loved it. It was wonderful.


Well, that was until it happened.


It was in Montreal when it happened. We were out with the young adults group from our church, hanging out at the top of Mount Royal watching the city lights one evening when we got caught in the rain. A friend actually asked “Do they let horses up here? Honestly, it smells like horse manure all of a sudden!!!”


There were no horses.

It was The Jacket.


Maybe you knew this, but I did not. When wet, wool can stink like the animal it came from. I'm not positive what animal produced this jacket, but it sure wasn't a cute one. I'm thinking more llama than sheep.


I was neighed at for the rest of the night.


We went to Ecuador the next week. Haven't needed it when since we returned. Until now.


I love the jacket, I really do… I even get compliments on it from people (who are standing at least 6 feet away). Oh, but the stench when it's wet! It fills the room.


This morning I Febreezed it.


And now it smells like a Febreezed llama.

2 comments:

Sonya said...

What a dilema! Did it still smell after it was dry? Hmmm... Is the solution "google-able"? Like dip it in a vat of bleach or something? Lol.

Ange said...

Febreezed Llama? That's funny!

But too bad about the jacket. Hope you find a way to make it smell better! :)