29/10/2010

Bombay Fog

A fraction of the price as Starbucks, but oh just as delicious!
(Plus you don't have to leave the house, bonus!)
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 chai tea bag
  • splash of vanilla extract
  • sugar to taste
  • sprinkle of cinnamon for colour
1) Nuke milk in a tall microwavable mug until steaming (not boiling), about 35 seconds.
2) Froth milk (by hand with whisk, or with hand-held AA powered milk frother for $5)
3) Throw in tea bag and push down with spoon. Let tea steep in hot milk for a few minutes.
4) Add vanilla and sugar to taste
5) Spinkle with cinnamon (or that delicious coffee topper you bought from Tiffany's Eipcure!) for colour.

Enjoy!!

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Coincidentally, I just bought a container of chi tea bags yesterday! Actually, that's generally how I make chi tea, except that I've never thought to put vanilla in it, nor do I have a frother. I do love vanilla, and will be sure to copy you when I make myself a cup after my shower in a few minutes!

I'm also tickled that you're using the same alien baby ticker that I used with Mitchie!

Candice said...

But if you didn't have Chai tea...

Use Earl Grey and it's a London Fog
or go out on a limb and try using vanilla bean tea (Mighty Leaf makes the best vanilla bean on this planet!) and it's a... ermm, whatever-you-want-to-call-it delicious tea as well!

Candice said...

I thought of you and my alien comment when I picked this ticker! There aren't a lot of good ones out there, especially if you don't want it going across the page.

Q&L said...

funny, i'd never thought of adding vanilla or cinnamon either, and i did boil the milk, didn't know that was wrong. oops.

Candice said...

Boiling breaks down the proteins in milk that are ever so useful in holding the foam network together... So if you're not interested in foaming heating (to make it light and frothy), boil away!

Tiffany said...

On my container it says to use half water and half milk. I have an epicure tin of chi tea leaves where it also says to use both. I imagine there are numerous ways to do it! I don't actually HAVE a milk frother, so I don't know that I'd actually get the foaminess anyway.

Candice said...

Use a whisk to incorporate the air in, it doesn't do too bad if a job.