13/08/2008

The little car that just wouldn't stop...

Some of you might remember our not-so-recent car purchase. Well, after enduring a bunch of trips to Ottawa, the States, all around the city, and some random other places, we kept expecting it to die on us, but the little car just wouldn't stop! But...

The day before we took off for Costa Rica, Candice called me at work:

The wife: "Tom, ummmm, uh oh...."
The husband: "What happened to the car?"

Now, it should be said that Candice is a much better and safer driver than me, so in no way did I think she had done something silly, like get into an accident. But that car worried me a little every time I gave her the keys... I knew she'd treat it well, but always worried how it would treat her.

Turns out, it was just a little problem, you know, NO BRAKES!!! She somehow managed to realize this before having to find out the hard way, and managed to glide it into a parking stall at Walmart. Then, when the Walmart service center refused to look at it, got it across the street to a Mr. Lube (I assume she pushed it there).

[I know you're thinking, "She probably just used the emergency brake.", but if you look at the line labeled "E-Brake" in our "Mazda vs. Tercel... Fight!" post, that silly thing has never worked!]

Turns out the main brake line is shot, and would cost way more than the car's value to fix. (For the record, apparently the main fuel line is shot, too.)

So, the little car that just wouldn't stop became the little car that just couldn't stop.

It looks like we'll have to put a bullet in the little white beast.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

That's just great huh? So are you guys going to do without for a while, or is the car hunt beginning anew?

Anonymous said...

I don't think you have to shoot something that is already dead... isn't that overkill?

Q&L said...

Oh, to bad I might've sold my car already...I'm sure your sorry too :) Hope you find something soon.