16/08/2008

Go Dave! And all who lift you up...

My cousin, Dave Calder, earned Canada's first medal at the Olympics today. And being in the bow of the boat, was the first Canadian to finish an event in a top 3 position. I'm so proud of him, but I know that I had nothing to do with it. I suppose most of Canada is proud of him, and (again) most of Canada had nothing to do with it.

Just cool to think about how many people did have something to do with it, though, and how rewarding that race must have been to them. People like his wife and little girl, like his family, like his coaches...

And of course Scott Frandsen (Dave's teammate) had a little something something to do with it. ;)

I know I couldn't get through life without (first) my faith in God, and (second) my wife's faith in me. I can only imagine it's kinda the same for Dave -- your own efforts are important, but real success is impossible to achieve on your own.

[It's funny... As I'm writing this, Dave has just come on the television and is saying many of the same things.]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yah for Dave!!!! Yah for Canada!!!