08/08/2008

Beard Watching

Well, it's been about 50 hours since my last shave. That's no record for me, I've gone whole sections of my life without shaving, and taken 4 or 5 day timeouts in the more recent past.

This time is different, though. I'm growing a beard!

You see, my wife has style, so she knows that (for most people) beards are a ridiculous idea. I know this, too, but have always wondered what it would be like to have one. Or if I could even grow one if I wanted to. I figure I have about 3 weeks to find out.

There is a long history of handsome Tom's looking good in facial hair:


Tom Cruise: Some nice stubble.



Tom Selleck: Cool dude mustache.



Tom Green: Nice beard.



Tom Hanks: Maybe a little too much.


You'll be able to watch me as I move through (hopefully) all of these stages, by the little feature I've set up on column to the right.

Here is me at the 50 hour mark:




Let me know what you think!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This would be a good time to try this Candice will appreciate it. Hope you get rid of it before she gets back.

Anonymous said...

I guess everyone needs a hobby to help pass the time....

Q&L said...

might change the count up to 'count-down'...Candice is coming soon!!! Which means the beard has to go??? :)