21/08/2008

Homeward Bound!!!

Yeaaaaah baby!!! On my way... {pretend we are listening to Paul Brandt's "I'm coming home to see you baby, you're the one thing that I know for sure..."}


Today I finished up at the Spanish school in the beautiful town of Boquette, said a tearful goodbye to my host family, and completed the first 'lag' for my journey home.




I'm in a hostel in David for the night and already have my ticket for the international bus to Costa Rica for first thing in the morning. Wow, I'm so excited to be heading home! I'm a bit excited to board the bus, but kinda nervous about the border crossing, but I am very excited about the drive up the Costa Rican Pacific coast, but a bit nervous about making my way around the city of San Jose once I get there, but am very excited to only have to stay ONE SLEEP because I will be home the next day!!!!
(Yes, alright, technically I will be in on Sunday morning, but lets not get drowned in the details, k?)

What a journey. My goodness. I didn't really expect to be leaving little bits of my heart in some of the places we have been. What a journey... I have seen so much, heard so much, learned so much, it is just impossible for me to return home unchanged.

Here is a glimpse of tomorrow, oh Costa Rica, how beautiful you are...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Candice how happy we will be when you are back in Canada. I know this has been a life changing experience for you, but I just liked it alot better when Tom was with you. Can hardly wait to hear your storys.

Q&L said...

Yes, very excited you'll be back, but so glad you were able to live, work and play and be touched by Panama, and I'm sure your heart will still be there...while you're here. Don't say goodbye to Panama, say see you later...who knows?? ;)