10/08/2008

You gotta play it safe around electricity...

First: Sorry for the slightly boring direction this blog has taken recently... :) Candice is safe and sound, but has succeeded in finding places for the last few days where the internet isn't. She apologizes for not updating everyone one how Panama is going, and she'll post as soon as she can.

Believe me, I'm as interested as you to see her writing again on this blog!

But for now, bare with me because I found out (again) today that Louie the Lightning Bug is right.

I have been moving our stuff to the new apartment for the last few days, and today (among a few other choice items) I moved the dishwasher. I had to, correct that, got to do a little drilling, a little cutting, and a little electrical work... The first two went well, but that last one, well...

This should save me a thousand words:




I had even shut off the breaker labeled "Dishwasher". Apparently, it was actually attached to the breaker labeled "Puse Contoir" (whatever that means!). One huge bang, a big flash of light, and I was able to blow one of those huge double-fuses (like the one that runs your stove or clothes dryer) and melt metal into a pretty cool heart shape...

No comments: