13/10/2013

Not really thanks-giving-ers

Although we are in to giving thanks, we really aren't thanks-giving-ers. There's usually no turkey or stuffing in sight on this long weekend for us. I guess it would be different if we had family close by and a grand gathering to attend or host. But honestly a big bad bird for us 3 seems a little overwhelming. Maybe it will be different when the kid (*gasp* - kidS?) are older. Although I have been known to pick up a discount bird after the long weekend when the stores are trying to get rid of their flock stock.

I did manage to bake an apple pie though. Nesting gives you the urge to do the silliest of things, doesn't it? Like I had this mad urge to provide my family with an apple pie for dessert (after a meal of leftovers, no less). The tupperware drawer? Never been more organized. The windows are washed. Again. lol

I would end this random post with a question like "When you were pregnant, what strange nesting habits did you have?" But I know Tiffany despises it when posts end with open ended questions for readers to answer in the comments section. And I'm all about keeping Tiffany happy ;)


3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Why thank you Candice! More people should be so considerate!

And I don't believe in "nesting." I know. I am awesome. That could be its own blog post. I have a rant about it and everything. lol.

I don't blame you for not cooking a giant turkey for 3 people - although they do make smaller ones. Also, you can get them on sale in the month leading up to thanksgiving if you watch the flyer!

Hope you guys have a good time, and it's pretty evident that you're appreciative and thankful for each other and for your blessings all year, not just this weekend so no worries. :)

Thinking of you.

Candice said...

It's funny, I was just telling Tom today that it probably isn't 'nesting' but nerves! Like 'holy crap! I'm having a baby soon? I think the windows need washing...' And keep yourself busy and in denail.

Candice said...

It's funny, I was just telling Tom today that it probably isn't 'nesting' but nerves! Like 'holy crap! I'm having a baby soon? I think the windows need washing...' And keep yourself busy and in denail.