21/07/2009

Me Three

Stolen from Sonya and Tiffany

---

First the rules:


1. Respond and rework. Answer the questions on your blog. Replace one question that you dislike with a question of your invention, and add one more question of your own.

2. Tag other people.

---

Now the questions:

What are you wearing today?
P.J's. My fuzzy pink housecoat is an essential accessory.
I work from home (and love it!).


What's for dinner?
Ribs. At Tom's request. I'll be putting some tofu pieces along with them in the crock pot for me.


What relaxes you most?
My husband. Sappy, I know. It's just that any problem seems so much smaller when he's around. Maybe because he's capable of fixing anything.


If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would it be?
Watoto orphanage in Uganda, relieving a dedicated worker from her duties so she can have a break. Considering Tom's at work right now, I'd take MiL with me. She knows why.


What language do you want to learn?
Spanish, but boy howdy is learning a language challenging at times!


What do you love most about where you currently live?
That it's 'ours' in the sense that we built our marriage here.


What style is your current home decorated in?
Not sure what to call it... Beautiful Gifts from Wedding Guests Plus Stuff We Liked From Value Village.


What is your favorite color?
Pink, maybe?


What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe?
A long brown sweater I found for $10
new, which is a bonus around this house. It was exactly what I was looking for in a 'Christmas shirt' this year.

What were you doing ten years ago?
July 1999. Hmmm....I was going into grade 10. I would have been working at Dauphin's SAAN store and cruising in my beloved first car:
The Road Runner.

What are you going to do after this?
Getting back to writing my project thesis. These kinds of things take a while. Apparently.


What are your favorite films?
Little Miss Sunshine, Armageddon (until I grew up), and Signs


What is your favorite book?
Ephesians.


Do you collect anything?
Gaudy magnets from places we've been. Our fridge looks hilarious. I love it.


What makes you follow a blog?
Keeping in touch with people I know and/or entertain me or people I can learn from.


What was the most enjoyable thing you did today?
Made my husband a latte before work this morning. I love being able to do something special for him right before he heads out the door to provide for this family.


What makes you comment on a blog?
To encourage, send condolences, and just plain letting the blogger know someone's actually listening. Who likes posting blogs 'to a wall' ?


What is your favorite thing to do when you have free time?
TRAVEL!
take pictures, volunteer, and blog.


What is a talent you wished you had?
The ability to handle all the setting on the camera at once. I always forget about one or two until I get them onto the computer. Then all I see is that cranked up ISO.


Who is your favorite actor?
I have no idea.


Other than Blogger, Facebook, Twitter, etc. what are your most frequently visited websites? G-mail, pubmed, McGill's online library service,

What was your favorite subject in school?
Global health - mix of nutrition, water security, parasitology, midwifery, and development all in one.


As a child/teen how did you envision your adult life?
A husband, a house, and career where I'd have to dress up and my work would fly me places.
Thankfully I have moved from wanting to work for an organization that can do something good for me, to wanting to do something for a good organization.

How much time do you spend on your average blog post?
10-20 minutes. I suck at spelling, so I have to look things up or ask Tom.


If you could, would you want to control the weather?
Nah, someone would always be mad at me!


Tiffany's Question: If you could have any job/career you wanted, and money wasn't a factor, what would it be?
Health practitioner in a refugee camp.

Sonya's Question: What major event are you really looking forward to? The moments after my defense on August 27th!!!

Candice's Question: Will Lyla actually play along with us?


I'm tagging: you.

4 comments:

Tom said...

The poor Road Runner. Ah, memories... Like [here] and [here].

Tiffany said...

Excellent way to sucker Lyla in to actually blogging!

Candice said...

Why, thank you!

Q&L said...

I did blog today!! :P