06/07/2009

A Purpose Driven Life

Some time ago my friend gifted me this book. Although I feel guilty that it has taken this long to get started, now that I am started (and only four days in) I can already feel the impact. It's powerful.

I challenge you...Seriously... Whether you are a believer or not, to read this book. I'll even lend you mine if you'd like (but you must wait til I'm done!). The format is to read one chapter (like, 5 pages or 3 minutes) everyday for 40 days.

Really, why not?
What
have we got to loose? To gain?

6 comments:

Candice said...

Or maybe someone wants to read along with me? It would be encouraging and a great reminder to read the pages for the day.

What do you you think?

Tempted?

Let me know! :)

jat said...

hey, i have it...same deal, a friend lent it to me....um..years ago. but if you want a book buddy, i'll follow along...

Candice said...

Sounds good to me! I'm on day 4 today...But I'm more than willing to wait for you (and/or anyone else) to catch up.

Let me know your plan.

This is great!

Q&L said...

I'm in the middle of another John Piper book, but that is a good one, I started reading it once, then I had to return to library before I was done...oops. My father-in-law has it along with a thousand other books. I've been given a free pass to that library with no deadlines :)

Candice said...

We are also doing one in our young adults group: "Submerge" (John Hayes) The first chapter was great... I fell asleep reading the second one.


I'm really enjoying Purpose

Q&L said...

oops, I am in a 'John Piper' mindframe. He wrote "Don't Waste Your Life", which is what I was initially thinking of when I replied. I do have the book Purpose Driven and I think I might have read half the book a few years ago... One day.