13/02/2009

Monthly Update

New Year's Resolution progress:

1. Exercise
  • We go to the gym once a week (I know, I know, once is peanuts, but it's still better than not going at all!).
  • So, I guess we get a 6/10?? (I want to be more positive than 50%!)
2. Read More Scripture
  • Well, sort of.
  • The 'Devotionals for Couples' still hasn't been touched; I'll admit it! Tom's time and my time for reflection and prayer are not on the same schedule, but are still working for both of us, so I don't feel a need to try and force them together. My prayers have increased as the end of the degree approaches. We want to follow whatever the good Lord has in store for us. If you're looking for more prayer items to add to your list (yeah right, eh!?) please include our future and willingness to listen and follow.
  • Maybe a 5/10???
3. Get Involved
  • We are still taking Spanish classes every Wednesday night. Still fun, still challenging.
  • We are now (highly!) involved with the youth at our church. It's not your usual youth group, you can be sure of that, but it is full of searching kids and loving leaders; we will learn a lot! I'll admit, the workload we took on is waaaaaaay larger than anticipated or wanted, but hey, if that is what's asked of us, that is what we shall deliver. As highlighted by Lyla in a recent post, scripture instructs that those that have been entrusted with much; much will be asked.
  • I'm a new leader in a book study for adolescent girls. We had our first meet last Tuesday and this coming Tuesday is the first study day. Should be interesting. We are reading "Jesus wants to save Christians." I've heard interesting reviews; I think it will be good.
  • We had a get-together here a few weeks ago, we ensured to visit our loved ones on the west coast, I'm doing lunch with the some of my co-worker girlfriends during the week, and am making another good friend with the Colombian who moved in next door.
  • Considering we now have every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights, most Friday evenings, and some Sunday evenings booked with relatively new involvements, I'd give us a 9/10!!

So, overall, we're operating at 67%, not bad! How's everyone else coming along?

No comments: