06/02/2009

An eveing at the beach - FOR REAL!!!!!

Guess where we are off to in just a little over 4 hours?

British Columbia!!! Well, the beach just an hour from Victoria, to be exact. I'm pretty excited, considering I just (re)booked our tickets. Here's a funny little story about that...

Two days ago we decided we wanted to head to Victoria, after Tom got the go-ahead for some time off work, I booked tickets yesterday: leave Saturday at 10:00, get there at 3:30 and head back on Monday. Then, to my *horror,* this morning before a huge meeting I just happened to check my e-mail and saw that the subject of our e-tickets from Aircanada stated: Your Flight from Winnipeg to Victoria - Feb 7. WHAT??? WINNIPEG? NO!!!

If you could believe, Aircanada refunded the entire amount we paid for the flight out of the wrong city. I was able to book us tickets again, except we are now leaving in a few short hours, not tomorrow like originally planned. How exciting!

So, there's the happy ending --> over a period of just a two short days we decided to go to Victoria and leave right now.

Why are we headed to the other side of the country, you ask? Well, that's where Tom's 93(!!) year old grandmother lives, whom I've never met. Plus, his parents are there right now visiting (for over a month!) and have a place on the beach, so, with their support, we figured this was the best time as ever to get in a visit in.

Oh boy I'm excited to use my camera for some of that scenery!

4 comments:

Q&L said...

great times in Vic :)

Tiffany said...

Sounds like fun! Have a good time and make sure and share some of your pictures!

Sonya said...

Oooh I'm jealous! Work that camera!

Candice said...

Hey gals! We are just in Vancouver airport right now on our way home. I just wanted to update you on our trip. We had sooo much fun! It was a great holiday (literally, I didn't crack open my computer once!), and were able to take lots of photos. My father in law is a great (and very knowledgeable) photographer so I'm coming home with a few tricks of the trade and some great shots. I'll post some after we arrive safely home.

Cheers!