01/11/2008

Well, I guess that's what you get for marrying an engineer.

Has anyone else been here?

It's the middle of the night, and you wake up super-parched. You would just love a drink of water, but you know that would entail sitting up, fishing around for the water bottle, taking off the cap, drinking, then doing the whole thing in reverse. When I think of all these grueling steps I would have to take, often I just go back to sleep and let my tongue shrivel up a little more.
I need a 'hamster system'. Those silly little fur-balls have it so good - if they're thirsty all they have to do is roll over and touch their tongue to a tube and out comes the water. No sitting up, no nothing. I told Tom this and, well...


Look at what I found rigged up in our bedroom...





Yes, a 'Hamster System.'
That beautiful long tube, complete with a squeeze-tip end, can be holstered to the side of the bed - inches from the hamster. All she has to do is roll over...

7 comments:

Sonya said...

That's hilarious. Better not ask for a treadmill. You might end up with a hamster wheel to match.

Tiffany said...

That is absolutely hilarious! I guess it's true what they say - be careful what you wish for!

Candice said...

I have to admit - I tried it last night and it was wonderful!

Could we make millions from this 'invention'?

Tiffany said...

You might be surprised what kinds of things will sell. Actually, it might be a good idea for the elderly.

Q&L said...

yes, those water bottles can get into a lot of trouble if left open on your nightstand.

Candice said...

Yeah, like the kitties knocking them over!

Trevor said...

Won't the water get a bit warm, it sure would be nice if the water was cool...Tom?...(wink)