07/11/2008

Home.

Last night (our last night on the road!) we stayed in Ottawa with my cousin and her husband. It was nice to see familiar faces (and great home-cooked food!) We took off just after brunch this morning and headed 'home' for the first time. Oh the anticipation and excitement as we were driving our last two hours! I remember kind of not wanting to be there yet. With the bazillion changes in our lives over the last couple of weeks (both quit our jobs, got married, traveled, moved out of where we called home) we finally had a 'constant'- and that was the cab of the Uhaul truck.

After crossing the boarder to Quebec and seeing the signs switch to French, we knew we weren't in Kansas anymore! I remember coming over a hill and seeing a glimps of Montreal. Our new home!! [Did I mention that the both of us had only been here for about 30 hours before??? We were engaged for just 5 days when we boarded the plane to Montreal for my interviews for graduate school.]

We arrived. We stood outside our apartment block and met up with the building manager. I was a little anxious to see what our place looked like (I found it online and we signed a lease from afar, with only seeing pictures of one like it.) After checking it out (and doing a little dance!) I flew back downstairs to tell Tom that "God blessed us with a fantastic apartment for our first home!" I was thrilled.

We were home.


No comments: