02/07/2008

Random Updates

I know, it's suppose to be Wordless Wednesday (and I have a fantastic picture for it too!), but I think you guys are going to getting sick of seeing our ugly mugs every time you log on here. So I thought I'd give you a break and provide some random updates instead;

  • 2 days ago I went outside to get some sun so I wouldn't be so prone to burning when we get to Costa Rica, and now I'm sunburned.

  • Our new/old air conditioner rocks, and it only cost 50 bucks and a few slices to Tom's hands.
  • We still have a house full of cats and are finding them to be fantastic. They need to go back soon. On a happier note, we may have a wonderful couple that will pick them up if 'that' call comes while we are down south.

  • Speaking of down south, my trip has been extended (still preliminary) 'til the end of August. :) Tom will still be returning at the beginning of August. :(

  • I'm applying to transfer into the applied masters program (from the thesis option). A long story, but once I come to terms with it I might blog about it. Might.
  • One of our readers finally had the heart to tell us that it is a melon baller - not a lemon baller! (Shopping trip post.) Thanks to the rest of you who just laughed at us and left it!
  • One of the can openers was not a can opener at all but some kind of useless kitchen gadget that looks a lot like a can opener. Do I need to mention that the 'second' can opener is totally rusty? Didn't think so.
  • One of my bestest girlfriends is getting married in less than 100 days. The trip to Winnipeg for the wedding is going to be amazingly short. My dress is going to amazingly great. Now, if it would only arrive one of these days...
  • For all of you who are still wondering about our shopping trip that Tom posted about. Our favorite store is Value Village. C'mon, how come no one got that one?
  • For those of you who are wondering if Tiffany is right about a cricket in the "The Bug" story, she was wrong. It was defintely a June Bug. And June Bugs are scary.

5 comments:

Ange said...

How are the kitties doing? Are they getting better?

Candice said...

They are definitely better. It's actually probably time for them to be brought back to the shelter soon (which means a day of crying lays ahead for me), but bringing them back is what scares me. If they get sick when we are on our trip and we can't go get them...I can't even think about what the result will be! Our poor Montreal (and Ottawa!) friends are getting dragged into this with us!

Candice said...

(BTW Ange, I'm so glad you stopped by - makes me feel a whole lot better about routinely checking out your blog!)

Ange said...

Glad to hear the kitties are getting better. Try not to worry about them, I know it's hard not too, but you've done a great job by helping them to get better.

You can check out my blog anytime you want! I must confess, I check yours out too, it's addicting.

Tiffany said...

Aren't June bugs the cuddly cousins of crickets? Not scary either!