22/06/2008

Shopping Trip

We went to our favourite store today, to get a can opener for me; I need something to open my Chef Boyardee when I'm eating lunch at work... The can opener I have (from the Dollar Store, our other favourite store), wasn't cutting it (no pun intended).

I found this crazy plastic bag full of stuff, marked $3.99. We left behind some contents of the bag, including a lemon baller, and cake icing device, super-fancy wine cork, and some other silly stuff. Check out what we kept from the bag:



Okay:
1. It doesn't look as impressive as I feel it was.
2. The toaster oven and expresso machine didn't come in the bag.
3. Neither did the electric beater, although we did score that from the same store on the same trip for six bucks.
4. Yes, that is my finger in the top left corner of the picture.

But I did get TWO awesome can openers -- one from "Tupperware", and one from "J.A. Henckels". Way better than the good Chef and his Alphaghetti deserve. Also included was a grater thingy and a peeler thingy, a purse mirror (which is an essential item for every kitchen), and four glass coasters that say "HOT". Candice says we'll use them for candles, which I think is a sensible proposition given that they already have the required warning labels for that application.

I was just really happy about it, and figured I'd share it with anybody who was willing to listen.

[Correction 28 june 2008 : Apparently, we kept the lemon baller, too.]

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Is your favorite store a garage sale? Because it seems odd that you'd get a miscellaneous bag of kitchen goodies at walmart!

And why is nobody commenting on my spider!

Candice said...

Tom! I can't believe you told people that I let you eat Chef Boyardee!

Anonymous said...

What is a lemon baller? Is It melon baller?

Candice said...

LOL! Yeah! Melon baller. MELON baller!