28/06/2008

Pitt?

When I went and picked up Goober Brother #1 & Goober Brother #2 from the SPCA this afternoon, I brought Pete with me so he could be seen by a vet.


[Now, in order to 'get' this story, you must remember
that we are nearly the only monolingual citizens in Montreal, and many people's first language is not English.]



While in line, the vet assistant, whose first language was definitely French, filled out some paperwork with me. I had to answered the standard questions; age, colour, foster, adoption, helath problem, eating concerns, ect. When she asked his name, I tolled her it was "Pete". She repeated back "Pete?" (be sure to read her lines with a thick French accent). Me, "Yes, Pete." She smiled, awkwardly, and said, "Cute." Then I proceeded to give the credit to the previous foster family who actually named him.

After Pete and I left the vet with our eye-cream in hand, the receptionist (another francophone) asked..."Is that Pete?" I said yup. And she replied, laughing "Oh, I was looking for a dog!! Hahaha.."


Ok then.


When I got home and was reading the instructions for the eyeball cream, I noticed that it was prescribed for "Pitt."

1 comment:

Candice said...

Is this one just not commentable?