02/04/2008

I love Value Village

Or, as its called in our part of the world, "Village des Valeurs."

Spring is here and the weather is beautiful. It's the time of year that we open the drawer, which has housed our summer threads all winter, and say "Oh...right." Then we find ourselves in the mall... Beautiful, colourful, fun pieces everywhere. I'm not really into style (surprise), but I am becoming more aware of how I dress. So I decided that I should get a sun dress this year.

So, we find ourselves in the mall (yes, I got out of the apartment!). A beautiful sun dress catches my eye from a few stores down. We are on the move! Whaa! $84.95. Are you serious???? Um, no. No. No! We moved on...

On our way home, we stopped by Value Village. We usually have luck there. Great stuff, great prices. After a hunt, which is often great fun, we entered our change rooms with oodles of stuff in hand.

For that same $84 dollars, we left with:
  • A sun dress
plus:
  • 4 skirts (super cute, by the way)
  • 4 Spanish books
  • 2 dress shirts
  • 1 long sleeve, zip-up sweater


Yes, I am a fan of Village des Valeurs.

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

Maybe I should go to value village. Do they have a section labeled "maternity clothes for the previously chubby"?

Anonymous said...

Candice you always could stretch a dollar. Even as a kid you wanted more bang for your buck.

Candice said...

Tiffany - Yes, they do! It's next to the ashtrays and martini shakers.

Q&L said...

Yes, each day I look in my closet I'm reminded that spring is nearly here and my clothes are mostly dark and winter-like. I wonder how much room we have in the wedding budget for new clothes???

Candice said...

Lyla:
"New cloths"?
You posh thing!

Tiffany said...

Yes, Lyla can be really hoity toity. lol. Oddly enough, hoity toity is flagged by the spell checker. Go figure.

Candice - I know as soon as I get pregnant I crave a cigar and a martini!

Candice said...

"More bang for your buck", eh? There are only a few people I know who use that phrase often... And even fewer that have known me since childhood...:)

Anonymous said...

Martini shakers?????? Is there one in really good condition?

Candice said...

Hey Red!
I'll check them out next time, but if I do, there better be two!