21/04/2008

Happy (6 month) Anniversary!

**Mush Warning**

If you can believe, we have now been married for 6 months!
And, if you can believe, we spent our 'anniversary' in Vermont!

Yes, as of last Sunday we have been married for only 6 months. It seems longer than that! I mean that in the best way possible. I experience things in life more fully now, because I am now whole. (I warned you about the mush!) It seems that the experiences I had before I was married were only partially experienced. But now, life is whole.

Does this make any sense to you marrieds out there?


Oh yeah, back to our 'anniversary'...

We went to Vermont!
I was having a relatively 'good' day, in regard to health issues so we decided to pump me full of meds and celebrate this occasion by getting out of the apartment, and outta the country! After church on Sunday morning, Tom packed me, over night essentials (in case me or the car got too sick to make it back home that night), and transmission fluid into the car and headed to Burlington, which is in the state of Vermont!

[This actually sounds more extravagant than it was - it's only about 2 hours away.]

I was surprised to find that the state and the city are both very beautiful. The drive was mostly through farmland with rolling mountains, a huge lake, rivers, cattle, dairy farms, etc. The city is situated on the lake, with a beautiful view of the mountains on the other side of it (which would be the state of New York). We borrowed a wheelchair from customer service at the mall and Tom pushed me around for a few hours! We rummaged through the sale racks, and with the dollar near par, we did quite well! (You just need to see how cute my new flip-flops are!)

We went out for dinner on a pedestrian-only street, lined with patios, pubs, and shops. It was a wonderful, wonderful day. We ended it with a beautiful drive home, a short line through customs, and a sleep over in our guest house.

The day was completely exhausting (I'm sure for Tom as well - carrying all of our stuff, doing all the driving - including driving the chair in the mall!), but I didn't care. We felt closer to our normal life again! Such a celebration.

Happy anniversary, Tom!
Here is to so many more. I hope you know how much more complete my life is, because of you.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

It's funny how you hit the six month mark and it's really cool, but then you can't believe it's only been six months! Congrats!

Oddly enough, Steven and I have only been married 4 years. Seems like we've been together forever (not in a bad way!). We've done so much in the last few years - we're on our 3rd baby, bought a house (or 2), seen each other through education and some good and bad jobs.

I totally get where you guys are coming from! Enjoy the ride!

Q&L said...

Wow, it has been that long. We hit our six month dating anniversary in March and I thought that seemed forever (in a good way:).
Delighted to hear you had a great day and I pray for many, many more for both of you!

Anonymous said...

Six months was like an instant, it seems. Like my buddy Einstein (apparently) said:
"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity."

Candice said...

So Tom, you feel like we have been married for just over 4000 minutes?

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a lot when you put it that way!

Candice said...

4000minutes is only 66.7 hours, or like 2.8 days.

I think you need to read the blog again my dear....