25/02/2011

Valentine's

I'll admit it, I'm usually not the romantic one in our relationship. But I think I may have scored a few points two Fridays ago when I surprised Tom with a gussied up wife, a candle lit dinner of homemade sushi (go me!), and my version of this sweet treat for dessert. I failed to remember to take a picture, so I'll use the one off the other blog to show you.



I used chocolate covered blueberries for garnish instead, and inside that box made of 3 wonderful types of chocolates laid a chocolate covered strawberry, cut in the shape of a heart. I followed with a sappy speech of 'no matter what comes, my heart is yours...'


I often wonder how a baby will change our relationship. I have no doubt it will, but I take solace in knowing that we are often at our best when we are working together on something. For two people who aren't the best 'team players', for some reason we rock at working together!

I thank God for the time He has given us to build our relationship before the arrival of offspring. We've had many amazing experiences and times together that I know will be an asset to draw upon come rough times in the future. Lord thank you for the past 4 years with Tom! May we never loose sight of each other and the love that bound us together during the coming challenges of parenthood!

No comments: