07/02/2011

Under 30 to celebrate under 30!

  1. My baby was transverse for nearly the entire pregnancy. Butt to the left, head on the right.
  2. He flipped (down in front!) at 34 weeks. I was getting a little worried he wasn't going to, but one Friday night when we were walking to the store *THUMP* everything felt different...
  3. Although he's head down, he still faces the right. He's going to be mighty proud of himself as to how many youth and young adults he's creeped out by trying to extend his foot through my abdominal wall!
  4. After last week's jolt, we've gotten a bit more serious about preparing for the babe. We even have a bit of a hospital bag taking form... Although there's a number of things we need to purchase for it yet. And to find an actual bag for the stuff. What's wrong with me?
  5. I couldn't sleep last night because I felt so unprepared. I shopped online for a few things... I can't decide if it's a good or bad thing that I did some mastercard damage at 2:30am.
  6. The car seat arrived (YAY!) and I absolutely love it. It goes with the awesome used stroller system we bought but wanted an unused car seat.
  7. The system also goes with the (e-bayed!) bassinet I got for my birthday. We went with the Orbit Baby system. Super awesome!! I want to take it for a walk (more than just around and around the house!!) but Tom won't let me. He thinks it will creep out the neighbors. Is a pregnant woman taking an empty stroller for a walk that creepy? Okay, so maybe I should wait then...
  8. Tom set up the crib last night. That was pretty surreal... A crib is where a baby sleeps, you know. Why is it in our house??
  9. A random lady (met through a conversation on Kijiji) gifted me 6 tiny gDiapers. How cool is that?!?!? She packed them in a gift bag and everything.
  10. My mom is booked to come visit not this weekend but next. She wants to be here and see me ubber pregnant. She also wants to make a few meals for the freezer while here. How cool is THAT??!?!!
  11. Yesterday the landlord, who was shouting so his comments could be heard over the snow blower he was pushing, told me "WOW, you sure are gaining weight!" I playfully responded "nooo..." to which he replied, "Well, you're fat!"
  12. I don't think I will be paying the rent next month.
  13. I think the baby loves music, especially if people are signing along to it. He kicks and squirms around...
  14. Tom thinks the baby hates when people sign along to music. He kicks and squirms around...
  15. I had such high hopes for all the projects I'd get done during the month of February. So far I've been banned to sitting on my tush for the most of it.
  16. It's not like the baby will mind that the tupperware cupboard isn't organized, but for some reason I just need it to be!
  17. Work isn't over with yet. Sigh. There seems to be a continual 'couple more hours left' and I have a feeling they won't truly end until the end of Feb when the project's due. It's probably a good thing to keep me occupied while on my tush. And it helps ease the 2:30am damage on the MC ;)
  18. I've been feeling a lot better over the past few days, and have even been let out of the house a few times. Good thing too, because..
  19. They're calling for a shower tonight ;) and I'm quite excited!!

2 comments:

Q&L said...

oh yaaa! tonight's your shower!! have fun!!

Tiffany said...

Have a fun shower!

I was a university student when I was pregnant with Jordan. I took a spring class. She was born at the beginning of June, my class ended at the end. Oh babies. lol

Can't wait for you to have that little gaffer!