23/02/2011

'round these parts

Things have been exciting.

My mom was here for the weekend (Fri-Mon) and we had a blast. Dozens and dozens of homemade perogies, pots and pots of soups, plus 3 casseroles later... My freezer is *stocked* with homemade meals!!

We also put the finishing touches on the baby's room. I must say, I Love It!!!!


Sadly, I had to let her go home on Monday. But she'll be back when the babe is born.


Tuesday (yesterday) we had a doctor's appointment. We learned two weeks ago that I have low amniotic fluid levels. 'Low' as in my amniotic fluid index (AFI) was a 7.4 (the normal range is between 8-18). Anything under 6 is cause for hitting the ejection button. I was told to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate and we'd measure again at yesterday's appointment. So I hydrated best I could, and yesterday we measured again: I came in at 6.2 with 'best case' scenario being 7.0. The tech sent us back to the doctor, the doctor sent us to the hospital for a non stress test (NST), which pretty much means slapping some monitors around my belly and see how the baby is doing.

Before leaving the clinic I asked what the procedures are based on results of the NST. My doc told us that if the baby was doing well, we'd go home and carry on as normal. If the baby was showing any signs of distress, I'd be induced. Immediately.



Oh boy, here we go again!



We put both sets of parents on standby, picked up our hospital bags (I'm sure glad I have those packed now!), and headed to the hospital. We were ready. But, our baby was not. According to the monitors, our Little Peanut was doing just fine. He doesn't seem to care too much that his swimming pool is dry.

We go in for another NST this Friday afternoon, with the same dichotomous outcomes. Then again next Wednesday...

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

It's just about go-time! Whether he suddenly decides he's had enough, or the docs decide they want him evicted early, it sounds like it won't be long now!!

Thinking about you LOTS, and wondering when we'll all hear news of the baby!

Good luck!

Candice said...

Thanks Tiffany! You know I'll be sure to let you gals know ASAP!

Also, we are booked for a Manitoba trip in April... How young is too young for diaper gym? ;)

Tiffany said...

There is no too young for diaper gym!! We'd love to have you.

We'd also love to get together for an actual visit too you know!

Heather said...

Praying for a safe delivery... when ever that is.

Q&L said...

So great to have a stocked freezer, wow! He's gotta be coming out soon, can't see you going late on these dry conditions :)

Ange said...

Oooooh, any day now! How exciting!!! All the best!

And I'm sure you'll appreciate those delicious home cooked meals in the freezer when the baby comes! More time for cuddles and less time cooking! Always a bonus!!!