29/04/2009

Eye see you 2

Well, here's the update.

I went to the eyeball doc, showed her my portfolio of wonky eyes (plus stayed up super late the night before, which usually triggers a tired Lefty), and asked if she could fix it. She said Yes.

The day I met with her she had a cancellation for a local anesthetic surgery on May 22, which she offered to me. Wow, that's fast! Especially considering I waited 9 months to get in to see her for my first consultation.

Then, oh then, I made the mistake of googling the procedure, and I watched a video of the operation. GAH! Put me under, my word, please put me under!

So I was moved onto the waiting list for a general anesthetic surgery. If I were to book it straight up, I would be living in Costa Rica when they called, so I went on the last-minute waiting list.

Then they called, last minute, and now I'm scheduled for a general anesthetic surgery to fix Lefty tomorrow morning!

And now, I'm super nervous.
GULP!!!!

11 comments:

Pamela said...

Wow! That is fast...maybe that is good because it is less time to dread it and google even more about it. Now it will be over and done with quickly. I'll be thinking of you and praying for the doctors and anesthesiologists as they help you through the surgery.

JAT said...

awesome.....this is a good thing! less time to freak-out!

you will do great....drugs are a good thing. and people who give them to you are your friends. :o)
fingers crossed that everything goes well, and lots of good wishes and prayers so that the WonkyEye gets taken care.

Candice said...

I completely agree that the surprise surgery is the way to go. Won't be able to loose as much sleep over it!

But it will be a bit funny to go in front of the congregation this Sunday with a black eye. Ummm....

Candice C said...

Yikes! It's awesome it's that quick
Do you get to wear one of those pirate patch things?! We'll pray for you.
AND I was sent a note today from MB health that yes - your observations are correct, this year unlike others, the flu has extended itself! Way to go super bugs!

Sonya said...

Thinking of you...let us know how it goes.

Q&L said...

It may already be over as I'm posting this comment, pray for a smooth recovery :)

Ange said...

Praying for you. I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery!

tom said...

Yeah!!! She's alive! But relatively tired and a little sore... The doctor did exactly what she said she would, though. So far so good, as long as nobody thinks *I* gave her that shiner.

Candice said...

Contrary to what Tom says, I don't have a shiner!! I've been very diligent with the ice pack.

Sonya said...

How you feeling these days Candice? Are you in pain? Hoping you're back to your usual self soon!

Candice said...

Thank you for everyone's comments and support! I'm doing really well, healing fast, and glad it's over.

I'm back 'at work' today, trying to make up for lost time, but I must admit we *really* enjoyed having a few days off. Fantastic weekend (despite the dizziness)!