09/04/2009

Going out with a bang! (Or bust)

Well, today is my last class. (Ever?!)
Yup, today I will be done attending courses for this degree. (Hopefully!)

And what am I doing in class today? Giving a talk on health status in refugee camps and how epidemiological research has contributed to the establishment of the minimal standards that aid agency are required to follow, whether these are being met, and potentially more culturally-appropriate solutions to reducing child mortality due to diarrheal illness in these settings.

A light subject, I know!

I find the topic quite fascinating. I have a pretty good PowerPoint presentation prepared (Tom is *amazing* with graphics and animations!!), so it all comes down to performance. I'm a bit nervous, which is funny because I'm usually not this nervous about these kinds of things. The assignemtn isn't even 'worth' that much, but it seems like such an important talk. Maybe, just maybe, could it be related to my passion for the subject matched with the fact that this is the LAST ONE for the term? The last day of classes for the degree? Knowing that this is the last academic presentation I will be giving before the BigGahuna in August?

Probably.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

You'll do fine, I'm sure you're psyched to be done and move on to something else! The next year is going to hold many new challenges and learning experiences for you, and you'll never be done learning!

Candice said...

How true, the learning never ends.

Yeah, I'm kind of excited to move on and focus more of my energy on my project, but at the same time I know it's going to be the most difficult part of the whole degree.

Yup, savin' the best for last!!

T and C said...

It's finished!

I'm all done classes...

Just one last term paper to go and I'll be done for the semester...Then it's project time!!!

Boy howdy, then once the project is done (about 3 months or so), I'll be done. Amazing. So close yet so far away.

Pamela said...

How exciting (and scary)! Congratulations on finishing and all the best as you work on your final project. What a good feeling to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel! I have 10 more practicum days and then 1 exit interview and then I am DONE...very exciting and yet scary because I do not know what the future holds. Enjoy these last few months and all the best as you continue to plan for Costa Rica.

JAT said...

Congrats on being done classes!! yay! What WILL you do with all that "free" time....??? Good luck on the project and with wrapping things up at school!