06/04/2009

I killed her with a cup of tea

Remember the last time I wrote? I was all tired and stuff, and was going to go consume something?
Well, I choose a cup of candied tea.
{Note to self: When tired, step away from the laptop.}

Then I killed my friend with it.

My beautiful, beautiful computer, Red. Gone! She was a good friend, counselor, and colleague. From the beginning of my masters to (the idea was) the end. We've pulled late, late nights and early, early mornings. We've worked allllll day, so many days... In the car, in the plane, in the bus, in the train. We'd SAS and Word and surf all at once. We'd write papers with EndNote and run SAS with index. We'd practice presentations and programing statistics. We'd graph and play and blog and bust. We'd surf and chat and go every where together...and...sniffle!! SOB!!! RED!!!! NOOOO!!!

"This is NOT happening!"



Her name was Red. She was beautiful. I loved her.

But with a cup of tea, she's gone.

She will be so hard to replace (for a multitude of reasons!) But she is irreplaceable in the friendship that grew over so many learning experiences together.

Red, you will be missed.

5 comments:

Q&L said...

Candice...is this the second laptop you have killed with liquids of some sort?

Tiffany said...

I can't believe you dumped tea on your computer! Poor computer.

Candice said...

Lyla: Nope, haven't killed anyone else.

Candice said...

Tiffany: I KNOW!!! I feel sooo bad, like I ran over my dog or something... But it didn't get back up like Sonya's did!

*Ugh*, the guilt!!!

Plus, it's not like we are trying to save or anything...So extra guilt there too.

Sonya said...

Awww...that really stinks. We need a new computer. Hmmm...maybe I'll go get a cup of tea. Lol.

ps - the dog is a chaser once again.