02/03/2009

The Final Midterm

I try not to think about these things, but I realize that the mid-term I'm writing today may be the last one I write. Ever.

Ah!!

I'm so used to being a student; I've been a student for so many years that I've become a professional one. Now that Tom tells me I won't be in school for ever, which shocked me, I'm already starting to mourn the loss of classes and grades. Imagine, having evenings to ourselves! No supervisors breathing down my neck, demanding unrealistic deadlines (oh, wait, maybe that one will still be around), no GPA... Life will be so strange.

Honestly though, it's time. I'm tired of going to class, really. Lately I've been enjoying my project more than classes, which is neat to see considering all my classes are right up my alley. I've learned what you are supposed to have learned in a masters program (but no way have mastered it though, I suppose): how to think critically, question your sources of information, and research the answer. Then, ultimately, come to the conclusion that no conclusions can be drawn. lol!

So, yeah, only 6 more weeks of classes (sniffle!).
Only 6 more months of university (gulp!).
Six months may seem long to you, but after 6 years, it's quite short.

Let the learning continue! (yay!, sniffle)
Let this era come to a close! (yay!, sniffle)


Mixed emotions, can you tell?

3 comments:

:) said...

i know the feeling!!!....6 months only left before i have to get a 'real job'!! and it feels so humbling and daunting to realize that my friends have been in the workforce for all these years and here i am trying to go for my first job interview, thinking about having to pay taxes (after only thinking about student loans and the guarenteed return i've had)...
yikes!
but part of me would really like to be at work without a supervisor checking everything over or feeling that i have to jump through their hoops and knowing that if it were JUST up to me, i would do thing differently. i may regret saying this but i think i am ready for a bit more autonomy....;o)
good luck!

Candice said...

To you too J.A.T.!

BTW - get your blog back up and running! It's a fantastic procrastination tool.

:) said...

*hangs head*
i know, i know....thanks for the kick to the pants....
:oP