11/01/2008

Ok, Time for a Tutorial!

Alright...Now, we do have a lot of fun sharing our thoughts with you and, possibly contrary to popular belief, spend a great deal of time executing these thoughts onto a blackboard (pun intended). But, do you know what we would enjoy more than hearing ourselves type? Your feedback! Otherwise, it kinda like typing to the wall.

We have changed our settings and now you are able to leave comments anonymously - no other reader will know that insightful/confusing/poorly spelled comment came from you. So we want you, yes YOU to tell us something. Anything!! Absolutely everyone has an opinion. A wise man once told me - "if you haven't offended anyone, you haven't shared your opinion enough". Not that I am anticipating someone wanting to pick a bone with us, but it does emphasise that we all think differently and we can only learn from each other by sharing with each other.

So, lets try a little experiment - voice your opinion by stating your favorite colour. Yup, we're serious. We want to know your favorite colour - this way you can practice leaving a comment and I can prove to Tom that not everyone loves maroon.

So, on that note, I'll hand the keyboard over to my man, who is oh, so good at explaining the technicals:

Okay, first scroll down to the end of this post to where it says "10000 COMMENTS" or "2 COMMENTS", or in a really sad case, "0 COMMENTS". Click on that, smack dab in the middle of the word "COMMENTS". A screen like this pops up:



Type your favourite colour, whatever you want to say, in the box on the right, just under "Leave your comment". Then scroll down to see something like this:



Type in the funny word you see on the screen, into the little box beside "WORD VERIFICATION" (in this case "hcrko"). Then, either:
a) Type in your gmail username beside "USERNAME" and password beside "PASSWORD" (if you have a gmail account and want us to know who you are). If you're not sure what a "gmail" is, go to b) or c) below.
b) Click the little circle to the left of "Nickname", type in your real name or a nickname in the little box to the right of "Nickname". (Remember: "He-Man T-Man" has already been claimed by yours truly.)
or
c) Click the little circle to the left of "Anonymous". (Chicken!!!)

Then, click on "PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT" (the big orange button).

Finally, scroll back up to the top, and click on "No time like the present..." (next to "Post a Comment On:") to come back to the blog.


Now that you know how - comment away.

(C'mon, maroon is awesome, right?)

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

MAROON!

Anonymous said...

Actually, it's not maroon, but it certainly isn't pink either.

Tiffany said...

Big wussies! lol! Your need for verification that someone reads your blog is hilarious! Even more so is the fact that I saw "3 Comments" at the bottom, and thought that it was working, but it's just you guys! You're so cute. So here's a comment, and yes I do check almost daily to see if you're writing more stuff.

And my favorite colour is blue. Candice, I am afraid to tell you that you're going to have to change your favorite colour. Ask Lyla about my pink issues!

And Tom, Maroon? Seriously?

Anonymous said...

Actually, my favourite colour isn't pink. You see, I was having a tough time deciding, so Tom took it into his own hands and assigned me a colour.
My favourite colour is probably brown... No red! No wait... Harvest orange...or more likely...
[Tom grabs keyboard]
PINK!

Q&L said...

pink is a really great colour, i often say my favorite is blue, but I might have to change it to red...after wearing that dress to your wedding, I really like red. Pink is very close second.

Tiffany said...

lylann, you know better!

Anonymous said...

maroonishy(not) more redlike, or apple reddish, particularily if we are talking cars.... candy-apple red, please say nothing to my little rav "silver bullet"

Anonymous said...

pink
;)

Anonymous said...

blue

Anonymous said...

yellow

Anonymous said...

red and also purple and pink and gold and silver

Anonymous said...

And what's your mom's favourite colour?

Anonymous said...

red

T and C said...

yay for dialogue!

T and C said...

However, we KNOW there are still many shy ones out there.
;)

Trevor said...

orange...it's just always been

Anonymous said...

turquoise blue

Anonymous said...

bird colored

Anonymous said...

That's right people! My little (well, huge I guess) sweetheart is all grown up, and is even surfing the net now. How time flies. I remember when she was so small, I wished she was big. And now, she is big (and I mean BIG!), beautiful, and intelligent.
I love ya there big girl!

Anonymous said...

P.S. - the comment above was from me to my cat - not from my mother to me!