06/01/2008

It's all fun and games until someone sucks in a fuzz ball

Yesterday, our heavy weight champs, Milo and Otis, weighed in at a whopping 2.4lbs. [That's right, we know how to raise 'em plump 'round here!] They now satisfied adoption requirements and we had to leave them at the SPCA. And, because of a temporary neighborhood issue, we left the SPCA empty handed.

After running plenty of errands uptown, we headed back to our little home in Ste-Anne. Tom worked on the computer while I made dinner. But, when I didn't have any small animals to fend off when I dropped a piece of salmon on the floor, and when Tom didn't have to lock himself in the computer room so no little furry beasts would get in his way, empty-nest syndrome really sunk in. So, we began to stuff our lives full of things to keep us occupied:

We picked out our favorite wedding pictures and painted cheap picture frames to put them in.
  

We erected a new shelving unit and a new lamp.


We baked cinnamon buns,
  
but I think the fumes from the verathane made us a little giddy.


And one of us fell asleep while watching Planet Earth.
(Guess which one!)


But you see, the real fun wasn't over yet. When we nestled into bed I told my husband, "This was such a productive day, I wish it wasn't over yet." And with those words I rolled over to kiss his cheek good night and began to inhale to let out a sigh. And that's when it happened; my life nearly flashed before my eyes. A piece of fuzz from our fleece throw was violently sucked in -- it proceeded to lodge itself halfway down my throat. The next few minutes were filled with hacks... then coughs... then I threw up, many times.

[Picture unavailable.]

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

ew!

Q&L said...

So, I'm here at work, getting ready for the day with my cup of java, thinking a cinnamon bun would sure be nice with my coffee...sigh...

Candice said...

I may not be able to eat one again after seeing them come back out :p

T and C said...

Comon'! Has anyone even played the video? It's halarious.

Q&L said...

i don't get the video...what was happening there??? ha! I was like that with salad for the longest time...thats gross.

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's what Nat looks like when we watch planet earth!!!
funny story...that must've been one big fuzz ball!

T and C said...

For the record, the comment above was left by another Candice - not me!