05/10/2012

10 things about today


  1. Jay woke at 6:30am, Tom was so gracious to get out of bed and spend time with him before leaving for work so I could sleep in. Sweet, sweet, glorious sleep. 
  2. Jay and I did make it to our playgroup... But first I did the dishes and vacuumed. Go me! 
  3. I *finally* let Jay have a go with the vacuum cleaner. If you know my son, you know he's OBSESSED with vacuums and this made his month!
  4. I brought the apples & caramel dip and the homemade hummus to the playgoup. Both were very well received! 
  5. We left the playgroup early so I could get Jay down for him nap and lunch on the table before my girlfriend and her 3 year old arrived. 
  6. Jay slept for a whopping 35 minutes before he heard someone else playing with his toys and demanded to join in. 
  7. The four of us had a wonderful afternoon with all-things dipable for lunch, time at the park, and toys strewn everywhere. I'm kind of taking a liking to the chaos of toddlers. 
  8. Our company left at 5:20 and Jay was asleep by 5:22
  9. For dinner we had all-thing leftovers because this is going to be a busy weekend out of the house! 
  10. And here we are kicking off another long weekend! Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Sounds like a nice day! Yay for mommy friends.

Jordan as a baby/toddler was scared to death of the vacuum. We lived in an apartment and I'd have to wait until Steven came home from work so he could wander around the building with her while I vacuumed. She'd scream the entire time. She also cried while I blow dried my hair but I made her deal with that!