01/01/2012

New Year's Resolutions

Yes, this year I have some! And to ensure I stick to 'em, I'm posting them here on the World Wide Web. Feel free to ask in the year ahead if I've been successful.

1) To not use plastic disposable shopping bags.
Pamela was the inspiration behind this. One year she decided to not use plastic bags for the month of January and if it went well (and it did!) not to use them for the whole year. What a fantastic idea! Over Christmas I acquired an awesome stash of reusable shopping bags (and produce bags and bulk buying bags!) so I should be set.

2) To not use paper towels
Although I didn't receive any unpaper towels for Christmas, I have scrounged up some fabric items around the house that I plan on re-purposing (YES, a sewing project!) into unpaper towels. If I make it through the month of January maybe I can reward myself with a few fancy purchased ones from Etsy. Maybe. The obvious exception to this rule is when I'm at someone else's home.

3) To not use any non-environmentally friendly diapering options
I pulled off using only cloth or biodegradable options for the most part of last year and we were traveling a lot of the time. I can totally do it this year. However let it be known that I'm always willing to accommodate for any person wanting to provide free child care but doesn't feel comfortable with our diapering choices ;)

So yeah, definitely an environment friendly theme... How about you? Any challenges for yourself for the new year ahead?

No comments: