25/01/2012

"Anything going on in your life worth blogging about?"

I just received an e-mail, it only had one line:

"Anything going on in your life worth blogging about?"

Well, I guess it depends on who you ask.

***

Life has been pretty good around these parts lately. Although there are some hiccups here and there, JayJay and I are settling nicely into being home most of the time. I absolutely love the kid and cherish this time I get to spend with him. {Although sometimes I fear Tom has set up a camera that I don't know about and he'll see what kind of goof balls occupy this house during the day... But who am I kidding, really? Tom already knows what kind of nuts live here.}

I love that I have girlfriends that are willing to stop by for an afternoon to offer adult conversation and a little freedom to get other things done. And that I have friends' places to go to when we need to get out of the house. Haven't gone anywhere lately though, too much rain. Yes, you heard me, rain.

I'm also loving the fact that we haven't purchased bread in weeks. Ever since the bread machine arrived we've had nothing but fresh, preservative free bread around here. Both of my boys just love the (organic, 75% whole wheat, flax) bread that I make. Please don't tell them the description in parenthesis ;)

I'm also super stoked about my photography class. It's been fantastic (even if I haven't been practicing enough during the week). I wish I knew all of this a long time ago! But I'm really glad I'm at least learning it now. One major draw back though? The LIST of photography items I now pine for... Including more classes!

Now, if I could quit being so lazy and actually get around to sewing something...

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I used to have a bread maker. I loved it! I'd set it all up at night and at 7am I'd awaken to the smell of fresh warm bread. Heaven! Then it broke.

If I had one now I'd likely still have to supplement. There are days we go through multiple loaves of bread here!

I hear ya on staying home. Sometimes when I'm going nuts with the crazies in my house I start to pine for a job, but then I think of the kids (naughty as they can sometimes be) and I don't really want to trade in this time with them. It's so short! My daughter's about to be seven, and seriously, I just had her! I know it won't be long and they'll all be in school and busy with their friends and they won't need me for every little part of their day anymore and I'll miss it.

Enjoy your little monster!

jat said...

hey! it's not even the end of january yet and you are checking off lots of things on your non-resolution list!
:)