21/12/2010

I like to worry about little things that probably don't matter.

I try not to blog about pregnancy all the time.

No seriously, I make a conscious effort to avoid the topic for a few posts at a time (scroll down...see?). I think you'll get sick of me if I monotopic... But I also think it's time to stop filtering like that. If you stopped by to read about what's up, then I'm sure you'd appreciate a post about pregnancy more than no post at all. And after all I am pregnant and you stopped by to see what's up. Also, I'm a bit disappointed that I haven't been on the ball about pregnancy photos. We have a grand total of 5. What's up with that? We're usually photo junkies. I thought for sure I'd have a Tuesday Tummy weekly belly shot or something.

But not even close.

And I'm already fretting about how I'm going to keep the Manitoba families up to date with pictures and stories after the little one is born... Duh, the blog, but then I worry I'm going to baby over-load it. Montopic again. But does that matter, really? I honestly never get sick of hearing about other people's kids on their blogs. I mean, come on, that's what I go over there for! I'm following the person, I'd rather a kids post than no post at all. Sometimes I pine for more stories and more pictures about the kids (especially the babies!) but I'm so proud of moms who also blog about themselves, their interests, their life in general... It really brings a balance to things. I wonder if it comes natural to them or if they worry about these silly kinds of things too.

Achieving balance on the blog. Honestly, is worrying about this a good use of my brain space? I'm not so much worried about achieving balance in my life as a person... I'm way too self-centered, obsessed with my husband, and crazy about God to become all-consumed by baby.

So this would be a great time to post my latest pregnancy shot and one of the photos we have from the 3D ultrasound, wouldn't it? Or should I wait to show you in person? Seeing as we are flying to Manitoba TOMORROW!!!

5 comments:

Sonya said...

We've hardly heard about your pregnancy! :)
Your blog is what you want it to be. You're not shoving it into anyone's faces, we're coming to you.
I have yet to come across a blog that is too much about their kids. They're our world. And we all like to see how these kiddos grow and change.
Looking forward to seeing you!

Q&L said...

i think I don't post enough about my child and husband, they're two really great, funny, interesting people. Maybe because I live with them, interact with them all the time (which is awesome!), that I use my blog to post about other tiny aspects of my thinking life. I use a lot of my day's focus on my guys, so I focus the blog on that small piece of my mind that things outside of our little bubble here. It's a great bubble, but I think I just relish it here, maybe that's selfish, I don't know...now I'm babbling. My family doesn't really read my blog, I've tried to get them there, they're just not internet junkies, so I have to text them info most of the time. Share whatever you want to share for you and maybe for your long distance audience.

Ange said...

We love to hear about anything and everything! It's all good!

See you soon! Yay!

Pamela said...

I love reading your blog and I can't wait to see your ultrasound pics. Safe travels!

Tiffany said...

I firmly believe that you can blog about whatever you want. I for one find it interesting to know what's rambling around in the minds and lives of my friends, and when you're pregnant, it's all about pregnancy. When you're home with your kids, that pretty much occupies all of your thoughts and time, so that's what makes it into the screen. If someone doesn't want to read a mommy blog they can go somewhere else! I think when we start blogging about things just to cater to our readers, then it kind of ceases to be ours right?

Go to town with the pregnancy stuff, it's interesting! And it starts a good dialogue with those of us who have been through it, while offering your fresh perspective, and unique experiences!