19/06/2009

Like I need more evidence that my husband knows best...

A few weeks ago, on a Sunday morning, I just wanted to stay in bed.

Muffled voice from under the covers:
"I don't want to go to church. I want to stay here"

Stern voice from a well dress handsome husband
:
"The car is leaving in 15 minutes, you'll be in it."


So, we go, and wanna know who gave the sermon? World Vision's director of church relations.
If you know me, you'd know that I'm a pretty big fan of World Vision, and you'd know how pumped I'd be if our pastor invited us to join he, his wife, and this gentleman from World Vision for lunch.

Yeah, try super pumped.

You'd also be sure to guess that when offered a tour of Canada's head office in Mississauga and maybe a chance to meet the nutrition team if we were ever in the area, I'd nearly fall over.

We followed up with that lead, and started infiltrating the organization, arranging dates, and getting contacts, but things got hectic in a hurry for everyone involved. The opportunity seemed to be slipping, I kind of thought I didn't stand a chance.

Then, by "chance", after one of our presentations in front of the church, a fantastic young couple came to talk to us about CR, our work there, and how maybe they could be involved.
In this conversation we learn they are visiting from Mississauga.
We mentioned we wanted to visit there soon.

"Why?" she asks.
Well...


"Oh, World Vision! My mother in law is on the board of directors of there, let me take your e-mail and I'll pass it on to her..."

God opens doors, doens't he?


Long story short: Guess where we are going next week?!?!

2 comments:

jat said...

hahaha.....it's days that come together like that, that keep you waking up and getting out of bed those mornings....well, that and a husband who is right..;o)

best of luck with the trip...my cousin actually works for World Vision as well, in one of their regional offices i gather.

Q&L said...

Wide open doors!