11/06/2009

Debut of Darling Dobie

I've been given permission to share with you a poem that a young friend of mine recently composed. She's in middle school, and amazing with words. I'm sure you'll agree! She was looking for some feedback on her recent work, so we decided to publish it here on the blog.

Let her know what you think!

Tears to Stars


I was reborn today, but in doing so it means i died,

and as i wept for my earthly self, the lord sat with me and cried,

he cried for every time i rejoiced and every tear I shed,

every time I was hurt, every drop of blood i bled,

i asked him why he cried and he answered me with this,

"am i happy for you, now you can join me in bliss,"

i felt a pull, he took my hand, as we began our ascent,

the lord was kind enough to show me parts of my life as we went,

he showed me the times when i had sinned and when i saved,

I'm shamed to say, my road of life is with sins, paved,

we slow to a stop as we reach the golden gate,

we look back upon my life as it's done we wait,

"have you anything to say about the life you left behind,"

"no" i say "i am forever yours as you were always mine",

he smiled and pushed the golden gate ajar,

i am in his kingdom now, I know he can never be far,

still i weep but i know soon I'll stop to cry,

and as my tears burn my cheeks, his burn in the sky.


Darling Dobie, 2009

4 comments:

tom said...

That's fantastic! Darling has talent...

jat said...

wow...that's pretty intense! impressive!

Q&L said...

A unique way of interpreting re-birth...finely written.
I'm not a writer...but should it say "I am happy for you" ...?

ypom said...

Powerful, impressive, encourage her to keep on writing!