14/01/2009

The "Real" Wal-Mart Story

So, I bet everyone is just dying to know how in the world we managed to track down Tiffany in Portage's Wal-Mart over the Christmas holidays. Well folks here you have it;

It was a Monday afternoon, the Monday of December 29th, 2008, to be exact. T&Me were returning to Dauphin from Winnipeg and happened to stop in at the happenin' Portage Wal-Mart to get some pictures printed out for a gift for my parents (we took some family photos over Christmas, and some of them were keepers!).

Let's set the scene: T&Me have just walked into the big box store in the town of P, we're heading straight to the back where we believe the photo shop to be:

T: Right! This is the Wally-Mart with the ugly floors!
Me: Yup. Weird we remember such strange things. You know what also would be weird? If we ran into Tiffany in here!
T: Yup.
Me: (Pretending to shout, frantically searching for someone she knows as she darts her head around looking in the jewelery and clothing departments) "Tiffany! Tiffany? Ohhhh...Tiffany!!!"
T: Guess not.
Me: Nope.

We make it to the photo shop spot and accidentally start trying to make prints from this crazy "Creative" machine they have set up there. Soon we realize that this particular machine is for creative stuff only, not for us; regular prints need to be done on the yellow machines. My bad. I saw a lady working diligently at one of the yellows, all of a sudden I was kind of embarrassed of us making such a scene. T&Me pull up beside her and start getting our prints in the most "we've-been-in-the-car-too-long-and-we-think-we-are-funny-when-we-actually-aren't" way possible. As T goes to the counter to get a clerk to print them for us (what's the point of self serve if they have to get involved anyways?) I get bored and begin to try and see what the woman beside us is up to. She's still busily picking pictures to print and, unfortunately, is quite good at hiding the screen from any on lookers. But wait!!!!! I know that profile...I think.

So, instead of tapping this very involved woman on the shoulder because I didn't want to disturb her processing, I stood closely to her and shouted to Tom in a voice louder than required "Wouldn't is be strange if we say TIFFANY right here?!?!?" As I say this, I intently watch the involved woman for a twitch, or any other sort of sign of recognition that her name was just called. I was standing like 3 feet from her. But I got nothing. No twitch or anything.

Alright, back to being obnoxious then. "I'm sure this woman is irritated with us" I thought to myself. Then, all of a sudden she's done, whips around, sees me and freezes.

Tiffany and I are now looking at each other in the face. Her mouth hung open just a little and then (I'm not kidding you) she actually leans forward towards me to get a closer look, like a granny that can't believe her eyes.

"Candice!!!?????" She squeaks, with the most confused look on her face. Then, her head slowly turns to her right and sees T "Tom!!!????" What are you guys doing HERE?"

I suddenly felt like applying to be a Detective.

We hug.
We exchanged pleasantries.
We grabbed our pics, then parted ways.

T&Me thought it was so funny that we *did* see Tiffany there! And laughed when we remembered me being silly and pretending to look for her through the rows of cloths. Image if we did find her when I was goofing like that? That would have been hilarious! Not that the confused look on Tiffany's face wasn't.

Cheers Tiff!
Hopefully we bump into each other again sometime.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

And maybe next time one of us will have a camera, and while we're having a hot chocolate in MacD's we can take a picture of our awesome selves for the blogs!

Anonymous said...

What a great story... kodak moments are not always caught on film