08/01/2009

100 things about me

Here are a few things you may, or may not know about me;

  1. I'm 24 (for another few days!)
  2. I'm a happily married to TMS
  3. We live in Montreal
  4. We foster cats from the human society (SPCA). People in our building who see us carrying all sorts of cats in different carriers over the last year think we're nuts.
  5. We aren't too sure ourselves if we are nuts or not.
  6. I love Costa Rica; Tuis to be more specific.
  7. I speak poor, poor, poor Spanish.
  8. I would love to be fluent in Spanish one day.
  9. I can't spell the Englishh Lannguage. Nor speak it good.
  10. I forget how to do long division by hand.
  11. I'm not kidding.
  12. My favorite colour for a cat is orange, my second favorite is charcoal grey.
  13. One of the best trips I've ever taken was to New York City with my husband and parents. Yes, I heart NYC, but will probably never return because we could never top the last trip.
  14. I'm a masters student at McGill University.
  15. I'm interested in paraSITOLOGY not paraPHSYCHOLOGY. Big difference. Unfortunately, people often misunderstand me.
  16. I check my e-mail dozens of times a time, or I just continually leave it open in a window while I work.
  17. I chat all day with my husband while he's at work - like two sneaky love birds.
  18. Most of the time I'm working from home.
  19. The internet saves my life.
  20. I don't understand how things could have got done in a efficient manner before the internet.
  21. I have two brothers. Both are older.
  22. You couldn't pay me enough to go through primary school again. Or high school for that matter.
  23. I had my tonsils taken out when I was little.
  24. I had my adenoids taken out too. Twice!
  25. My husband and I met at a food bank. We were both fortunate enough to be working there, not clients of it.
  26. I gave my life to Christ (became a Christian) on August 7th, 2006.
  27. I love to travel. I've visited England, France, Italy, Ireland, Holland, Belgium, Germany, Cambodia, Mexico, Costa Rica, and Panama. Some of those visits were drastically shorter than others.
  28. The furthest east I have been in Canada was to Quebec city.
  29. I would love to travel all the way to the east coast.
  30. Sometimes our apartment toilette gets stuck and drains continuously. This annoys me to bits.
  31. Sometimes our shower gives off a high pitched whistle the entire time you're in there. This annoys me too.
  32. I dream that our next living container (apartment, house, or hut) will have it's very own front door. You know, a door that enters right into your own place from outside, no more of this hallway and knwoing your neighbors business. That would be sweet.
  33. I've always wanted to live in a town house.
  34. In Montreal, town houses are $300,000.
  35. We won't be living in a town house in Montreal.
  36. I dream about working for World Vision one day.
  37. My first cat after I moved out of home was named Sam. Sam wasn't very good looking. Nor was he very nice come to think of it, but I loved him. So did Sonya, the kitty I brought home for his entertainment.
  38. I have moved 'living containers' pretty much every year since moving out of home. I think it's fun. And exhausting.
  39. I love to vacuum.
  40. I do NOT love doing laundry.
  41. I still can't get the gigabit byte bitty world.
  42. I love to ski. I've tried those itty bitty short skiis, they're actually pretty fun!
  43. Maybe we will have kids one day. There are millions of babies in this world who don't have parents - maybe we will be fortunate enough to take care of some of them.
  44. I realize adoption of children doesn't work the same as the SPCA.
  45. I was the Maid of Honour for my Maid of Honour's wedding.
  46. What goes around comes around!
  47. My first car was a grey 1991 Mazda Protege (aka Road Runner). I drove the Road Runner up until the government of Quebec prohibited me to drive her any longer (7 years!!!)
  48. I bought the car from my dad for $500. A few years later I sold it back to him for $1000, then I bought it back from him for $800 (in between it was written off due to hail damage - so don't worry, he got his money back).
  49. My dad would do anything to help his kids out - even get ripped off in car sales.
  50. Over the last 13 months we have traveled to Manitoba 4 times.
  51. I love chocolate.
  52. I've only been picked up by the cops once.
  53. I adore coffee.
  54. I have a vague interest in nutrition. I can't help but notice the number and types of food groups I'm eating during a meal. I also can't help but go through a quick synopses of how it will be metabolized and used. (Everyone does this with their own profession, right???)
  55. The main blogs I follow are Tiffany, Sonya, Ange, Lyla, Hes, Trevor, and Amanda. There others, but these are the ones I stalk the most. Some of these people I know in real life, some I don't.
  56. I check people's blogs multiple times a day for updates.
  57. What can I say, I work on the internet allllll day. You are my coffee break people!
  58. Once in a while I track the number of hits we get in a day. Don't be freaked out, we can't tell who you are.
  59. After talking to some family over Christmas I realize we actually know most of these frequent stoppers - this makes me shy to share deep things anymore, so I figured I'd give you a 100 random things instead.
  60. My husband is super cute. Seriously, haven't you seen him?
  61. Apparently I've checked out 93 different books from McGill Libraries over the last year. No, I didn't read all of all of them.
  62. I have an over due book right now. Don't tell Tom.
  63. My library fines are at $5.50. Library fines are only really a problem after they reach over $10. Let's see how long it takes me to reach that limit.
  64. I have 7 nieces and nephews.
  65. "Auntie Candice" is still a little weird.
  66. I answered a question wrong in class yesterday. The only disease eradicated by man in recorded history is Smallpox (not Cholera - what was I thinking?!??!)
  67. Our family dog when I grew up was named Sadie. She was a cross between a chawawa and a terrier. She had the tendency to bite the ankles of cattle farmers. What's up with that?
  68. Secretly, deep down, I want a miniature toy poodle (but the real kind, not a toy). Don't judge me!!!! There's one that lives in the building and she is pretty much the coolest dog I've ever met. She doesn't have the Poodle 'do nor the stereotypical attitude.
  69. I'm really trying to get into photography. I have some great equipment thanks to a shared interest by my father in law. Now it's time to hone some talent and spend the time learning the lingo and settings.
  70. I like photographing nature. I'm not really into taking pictures of people.
  71. I've gotten into the scrapbooking thing. I only have a few pages done in T&Me's book, but I did do an entire album (12 pages!) for my mom's birthday present. It took me over 4 months.
  72. I love surprising people.
  73. I do not enjoy being surprised by people, especially if multiple people knew about it before I did. It makes me feel left out. This probably can be tied back to the primary school thing...
  74. I have two sister in laws, which is kind of exciting considering I've never had a sister. Now, if we only lived a little closer to each other so we could actually hang out.
  75. I have 4 different e-mail accounts, most of them are forwarded to my main one.
  76. I receive a full scholarship for my masters. How sweet is that!?!?!
  77. My grandmother is awesome. She is a strong willed vegetarian. Not your average grandma! I love her.
  78. In February my parents are taking a Caribbean cruise, one of my brothers will be in Cuba and the other in Belize. Currently, my in-laws are in Victoria and my brother-in-law is in Portugal. I, on the other hand, will be enjoying winter in Canada. (To you spying thieves out there: there are people watching everyone's stuff!!!!)
  79. My girlfriend Taryn and I went on a hot air balloon ride in the fall of 2006. It was one of the coolest things I've done. At the time, little to my knowlege, Tom had a crush on me and continually asked to hear more about the venture before and after it occurred. I didn't really think anything of it at the time - but now he tells me that at the time he was trying to find clues as to whether 'Taryn' was a girl or boy!
  80. Up there with the top coolest things I've done it go tandem bungy-jumping with my cousin Meghan. It was awesome!
  81. I will never bunjy jump again in my life.
  82. I have a class downtown this semester. Although commuting on Montreal's transit system does make me feel like a city girl, I can't get over how fortunate I am to be living so close to campus for the rest of my classes. I am so lucky (spoiled?) to have a husband that insisted on this when we moved here.
  83. I thoroughly enjoy online banking.
  84. We are now officially Quebec residence. This means that Tom has lived here for over a year without attending a post secondary school and that I am married to someone who has lived here for a year without attending post secondary school. Why is residency important? Tuition is half price for Quebec residence.
  85. I am a huge fan of Mac computers.
  86. I am a huge fan of the philanthropy work by the Bill and Malinda Gates Foundation.
  87. I love the soy beverage "Silk", my favorite is their fortified light version. Sooo good.
  88. My favorite appliance is the dishwasher.
  89. A close second is my blender (which has this handy add-on for a food processor.)
  90. I've had more radiation this year than most get in their life.
  91. When I wear my Sorel winter boots the sock on my right foot always slides up an gets bunched at the toe.
  92. One of my favorite Dutch foods is Chocolate Sprinkles on toast. If you haven't tried, you probably shouldn't.
  93. Honey spread on cheddar cheese is super delicious. Keep this in mind for a snack if you are planning on going camping and don't want to 'go' until you get back home.
  94. I enjoy most songs by 'Lifehouse'.
  95. My office always looks like a mess to the 'untrained' eye.
  96. My laptop has a name, it's Red. For those of you who are wondering - no, it isn't my laptop that leaves comments on my blog.
  97. I love being reminded about how fortunate I am to have been born Canadian and have grown up in a home where love was abundant and we weren't worried about going hungry. No, I don't like the reminders for pride purposes, but as reminders that I should be giving more of myself and what I have to those who don't have the same luxuries. We need constant reminders that the way life is here isn't the way it is everywhere - there are horrid inequities in this world. My 'problems' aren't real in comparison to the problems of millions around the world.
  98. I would love to volunteer for an orphanage one day.
  99. The pastor at my church has been known to incorporate YouTube videos into his sermon.
  100. I've taken a while to compile this list.
  101. I challenge my fellow bloggers to tell us 100 things about them!!! (Except Sonya, she doesn't have to because her list is where I stole this idea from! She can, however, resurface her old one for us, or, if she's up to it - make us another!)

5 comments:

Sonya said...

You stalk me? Ha ha. That's ok - I stalk you too. But I think we both knew that already.
Just for the record, I also had a dog named Sadie. But she was a Saint Bernard. And Sonya is my name - did your cat look at all like me? :)
I HATE vacumming, but I absolutely love doing laundry. How bizarre is that? Does anyone like doing both I wonder?
And the 100 things about me list is something I've considered redoing - within the last week or so. This is strange. Guess that means I should. After all, my blog has gone stale and my ideas of things to blog about have run out!

Tiffany said...

i don't know if there ARE 100 things about me!!

i agree with sonya - like laundry, HATE VACUUMING!!

there are a few times i'd have commented on here, but by the time i got to 100 i forgot about them!

Candice said...

Who thinks Tom should do one too?

Oh, oh, ME!!!

Anonymous said...

haha...for sure!!! let's see his take on doing chores!

Anonymous said...

funny! I forget which number it was but Nat and I just did our own refresher on how long division works! Good thing my sister was there, she gave us a few tips! Neat list.