06/10/2008

Wonderful Weekend Getaway

We went away to a beautiful cottage in the Gatineau area this last weekend.



Wait. I should back up and tell you how we found ourselves there.



A few weeks ago at a Saturday night prayer meeting, a couple (who we just met) told us about their nephew (who we've never met) that owns a bunch of cabins in the Gatineau, and how this nephew likes to lend them out to Christians who want a getaway from the city. Really? So we got his number and booked for the soonest weekend possible, which was this last weekend.

So.

We went away to a beautiful cottage in the Gatineau area this last weekend. The cottage was one of eight situated on a 200 acre piece of land owned by an extremely generous gentleman and his wife (and four kids), who enjoy lending the cabins out to Christians who want to get away. Free of charge. Make yourself at home.

All of the cabins are different. Some small, some large, all rustic. Each is furnished, including an equipped kitchenette, and heated by a wood stove (they chop and supply all needed kindling and logs). These were just the cutest little cabins, most with a lake front view.

Now, I just *love* the fall. Such beautiful colors, chilly mornings, warm afternoons. It was so relaxing, even though I took a bunch of work with me, of course. It was so cozy to do my readings in a comfy chair, by the fireplace, over looking the lake, and surrounded by huge, colorful maples.

We took a hike on Saturday where I got to practice my photography a bit. Tom was so patient with me, he was my model. Here are a few other things I found in our travels...











6 comments:

Tiffany said...

What generous people!

I like the picture with the canoes.

Sonya said...

I wish I was there! Love, love the one with the canoes!

Anonymous said...

Cute model! and we still have a maple leaf just like that sitting on the ledge in my kitchen that Tom brought to show the kids. You really do have a great eye for photos.

Candice said...

Cute? Handsome hunk!

I took so many of him he threatened me to not post them on the blog, because "Who wants to see that?"

I responded: "Your mother!"

Anonymous said...

You were right Candice. But, maybe, next time, we'll just send one to her instead of posting my ugly mug on the web... ;)

Ange said...

Sounds like a really great weekend!