23/10/2008

A few little gifts

*Somebody* bought me a new lens for the camera! If you live in the SLR digital-photography world too, you know how exciting this can be. It's a 55-250mm telephoto lens --> translation --> it provides a much greater capacity to 'zoom' than does the original lens that came with the camera. Although it scares me to pieces changing them back and forth (usually more than once a day), I'm getting quicker.

I'm excited about this lens, and about getting into photography. I feel really supported by Tom's encouragement. Before, I thought it was more of a "oh, that's nice dear" thing when I would tell him about the latest leaf I took a picture of, but now that he brought me this gift I take him for serious (I also feel a little pressure to produce better shots now that I have another tool in my camera case!).


But, I had a bit of a problem. You see, cooperative practice subjects are hard to find sometimes, and T doesn't enjoy a flash in his eyes every ten seconds when I'm learning how to adjust the settings - nor does he enjoy producing a fake genuine-smile on demand. So, to get around this little issue, I bought him a distracting toy to play with while I take his picture. And believe me, in this photo, this is no fake smile...




Yes, it *is* ironic that this shot is out of focus, but hey - it's what I got!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy to see that T is consuming more fruit.... makes his Dad want to improve his diet as well.

Sonya said...

What an awesome gift! Oh and by the way www.twopeasinabucket.com is an awesome scrapbooking/photography website. The photo gallery and photo discussions are my favorite stops. I keep checking for new photo Christmas card ideas - lots of inspiration!

Candice said...

Sonya - I checked it out, wow what a lot of info! I have been looking for something like that. Thanks.