13/01/2011

8 things that I love right now (besides the obvious ;)

  1. Hydration. Although I barely ever have it. In the constant quest to quench my thirst, heartburn is constantly battling against my efforts. Every time I put something in, it seems to slash back up. Yuck. So the time when my urine isn't the colour of orange juice is time for celebration!
  2. Milk. Running along the same lines as point #1, a large glass of milk seems to be the only thing that can cool my esophagus and calm the stomach. (Such a bonus that it also helps with the hydration issue!) Now I just need to watch that I don't calcify my baby if this trend keeps up.
  3. My pre-natal yoga video.
  4. Kijiji/Craigslist/eBay. I just love bargains. True, patience is a virtue when trolling these places for a specific something, but oh boy, the joy that comes from finding it at a fraction of the price you would have paid new makes me feel so good! Victorious, really.
  5. My phone. Between the unlimited texting, full-featured GPS and constant internet connectivity, communicating, navigating, and killing time in the doctor's office is so easy!
  6. AirMiles. ;)
  7. My workplace. They are so accommodating! And having access to an amazing mid-wife and her childbirth prep classes has eased a lot of our concerns. We both went to one this morning and Tom was really impressed.
  8. An afternoon nap.

3 comments:

Pamela said...

heartburn sucks! I had heartburn with Kaden and everyone said it meant I would have a hairy baby. (Where do they come up with these things?!)

Candice said...

lol! Hairy baby? Well, for his sake, I hope he has more hair than I did for the first year of my life... :)

Q&L said...

I experienced some of that too. I treated it with a glass of milk or gaviscon. I don't think i had it as bad as you're experiencing. Good to see some of your concerns have been eased!!! mmmm, naps.