01/12/2008

I know, it's been a while.

So, things are a bit hectic around here lately! I often think about the blog, and often ponder blog material...But just don't get the couple of seconds to write one. So, I'll give you some of the titles I've thought of, and a condensed draft of the post.

  • And they Keep Coming!
A blog about how awesome it has been to have had so many visitors out here in Montreal! So far we have had both sets of parents come out multiple times each, my younger (compared to the oldest) brother visited twice, the oldest one once, my cousin & her fiance two weeks ago, Candice & Nat in the summer, Sharla & Blaine yesterday... We've also met up with other cousins and aunts/uncles of mine in Ottawa...And even Tom's cousin moved here this past summer. And all of this happened over ONE year!


  • And They Keep Staying!
Our apartment is still the home of 4 SPCA kittens. We tried to take them back the other day, but they were too small (average weigh in of 1.76lbs). They need to be 2 lbs each before they can go out for adoption. Next time we won't let them go to the can before weighing in!


  • The Marathon.
If a marathon runner was one mile from the finish line during the best challenge of her career, would you say "You know what, you look tired and have worked really hard. I think you should slow down now." Yeah, didn't think so. So, on that note, please don't tell me that I should be getting more sleep lately ;)


  • Coming to a close.
This has been the utmost-bestest term of my life. The courses, the assignments, the topics, all of them have been so applicable (and interesting, which I'm sure is related to applicable) to where I want to be 'working' after I'm done this degree. The knowledge that I have gained over the past 4 months has been incredible. And completely worth it. But, not only has it been amazing from a topic point of view, but I have done better at striking a life balance than ever before. Tom and I have had multiple date nights, a few excursions to a cottage in the woods, trips to Ottawa, a scoot back to Manitoba for a wedding, have hosted many family members, and even took a trip to NEW YORK CITY!!! Yup, it's been an absolute blast. Praise God for the blessings we have received!


  • Gearin' up!
Now that the term is almost done, it's time to hit the high gear on my project! We have a huge annual meeting next week (yikes!), in which I will be presenting my findings so far (which means I better 'find' something in my dataset this upcoming weekend!) The process of getting something under way has been nothing short of a learning experience, and a true test of the patience, but I am anxious to get going and see what happens. Wish me 'luck'.



I have a few more, but maybe I should save some ideas for a more real post. Just in case I find myself bored with nothing to do one of these days (HA!).


2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I think we're supposed to say "break a leg" right?

Besides, I think you're an incredibly capable, intelligent, determined woman who is going to kick butt as you finish up your projects.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

It would have been nice to include a picture of Candice with this post, but she's moving so fast these days to get things done, that all the camera could capture is a pink-ish blur.