24/12/2008

Early Christmas present!

I just have to share this. It is so exciting!!! (To me, at least.)

So, the final grades for the semester are slowly trickling in. Yesterday I checked a course website online to my final percent grade. It's 84.58% Not bad, not bad. BUT, GPA grade letters are what actually matter, not the percent grade. The tricky part?
  • 85-100% = A
  • 80-84% = A-
  • My grade = 84.58%
As you can imagine, it has been a very suspenseful 24 hours. As Tom put it, "You actually didn't get higher than 85%, so I would brace for an A-." A smart man, a man that was trying to protect me from disappointment. However, I guess my proff believes in the rounding system because it was just entered onto my transcript as an 'A'!! Again, can I get a woot wott?!?!

Just to reiterate - you may have noticed that McGill Univeristy GPA grade letters only go to 'A' (no A+ around these parts). Meaning, this was the highest grade I could have received. Period.

To paraphrase a quote from a wise man I know (name withheld intentionally) "Anything higher than the absolute minimum to receive the grade you wanted was a waste of effort."

Welp, only 0.08% of a grade wasted over here!

3 comments:

Ange said...

Congratulations, and Merry Christmas! Hope you have a safe, on time flight!

Q&L said...

Congrats Candice!

Tiffany said...

I'm so glad I'm done school. It IS very stressful, especially when all your hard work comes down to that one final letter at the end.

Congrats smartypants! We all knew you could do it.

Merry Christmas!