22/12/2008

A day without the internet

The functioning capability of our internet has been sketchy-at-best, these days. However, all you had to do was reset the modem, and often you were good to go again.  Tom has been conversing with beautiful Bell about this, but no solutions as of yet.  
Then, there was this morning. 

Nothing worked. 
No internet. 
No phone. 
No connection to the outside world (besides the cell phone, of course)

I nearly went mad.  It's crazy snowy-cold outside and the car is buried under a mountain, and I have no internet?.I dislike driving on the best of days, so going somewhere was pointless, especially considering there was really no where to go (well, except to find some internet cafe...). The real bummer is that I had planned to do a bunch of work today to relieve the idea of having to do some in Manitoba.

I nearly went mad. 

"No worries," says Bell, "there will someone there to fix it between 9:00 and 5:00". Oh, so anytime then, really? 

Patience girl, PATIENCE.


This is what I did to pass the time:
  • Organized our wedding photos. Not a complete overhaul, but an improvement non the less. 
  • Organized my "My Documents" folder.  Needed to be done and was a good way to spend some quality time with the laptop. 
  • Finished making Christmas cards.  I know, I know, it's about time anyways. But this is a bit tricky with no glue in the house and a sloth that doesn't want to get her boots on and walk to the store. (Can you blame me? This phone dude could show up any minute and reconnect me with my outside world. I'm not going to miss that!!)
  • Tasted (scrap that, ate) everything remotely edible in the fridge.
  • Harassed my husband at work via cell phone a number of times. (What is Bell saying about it  now???)
  • Dreamed of the blogs I could write.
  • Read the Good Book
  • Ate some more. 
  • Took a nap. 
Then the phone rang. 
Seriously, HALLELUJAH! 


No comments: