16/08/2011

Home and happy

We had a fantastic time in Detroit.

Considering I was picturing gang violence and burning buildings (why did I have this image of Detroit, I don't know...) the beauty if the city and friendliness of the people were a pleasant surprise!



I never once felt unsafe, even when Baby J and I were off trekking around on our own while daddy was at work. Things went rather smoothly for him, too, resulting in us having a surprisingly large amount of time together as a family during the day. We were sure to notify his work that we'd be up for this again!

Man, Jonathan is cuter than ever. Or maybe I'm just getting to know him more and as a result I'm digging him more and more. Not that I didn't before... Oh, you know what I mean! A girlfriend once told me that she found every stage to be better than the one before with her son. At the time I thought she was trying to sugar-coat the fact that her baby wasn't a baby anymore, but now that I'm a momma I know exactly what she was talking about. There are a number of things that I finally 'get' now that I'm a momma that I thought I got before... Am I the only person who totally knew all about this parenting gig until I actually had a child?




Jay Jay is almost able to sit on his own now. Especially when he's not paying attention. He also grabs at everything. Gone are the days he would sit still on my lap while I ate lunch! Now I have to make sure he doesn't start solids on his own! I'm very excited for him to be able to sit. Yes it will be exciting for him... But selfishly I'm looking forward to doing some photo shoots with a baby that's able to sit (and not crawl yet, lol)!

Jay Jay loves his Jolly Jumper. LOVES it. The day he finally 'got' how to do it was probably the best day of his life. Shrills of joy!! But no matter how much he loves it, I may love it more. People, I was able to make a meal with two hands today. TWO!



2 comments:

Sonya said...

Ha ha!
You remind me of myself: photo shoot possibilities with babies!!
Glad you had a good time. :)

Tiffany said...

Two things!!:

1. It's true. Nobody knows more about raising kids than people who don't have any. :)

2. Each stage does seem awesomer than the last. Even as much as we miss the babies, it's really cool watching them change and grow and learn new things. A 12 month old baby is WAY funner than a newborn, and yet when you're holding your newborn, you can't bear to think of him changing or getting any "better". Not that they're better. Not that you love them any more at any given stage. Blah blah blah, you know what I mean! lol