02/11/2010

Dear technology, I heart you.

With friends and family now spanning over continents (never mind straight across this one great big country), it's nice to be able to catch up for a few hours with a girlfriend provinces away ... Or phone a friend for a few seconds while prepping bread dough.

How did people survive long-distance without the phone?

And now Skype is entering that same category - being a world shrinker and all. How else would you be able to see your parents' faces after dropping the bomb on them that they are going to be grandparents, when you aren't even on the same continent as them... And for free?

Phones, texting, instant messaging, e-mails, e-cards, blogs, facebook,.... Oh technology, I heart you. Thank you for keeping me connected to those back 'home', because we are starting to have a few of those!!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Actually, I thought the same thing the other day when you called me! We never see each other face to face, yet with all the blogging, facebooking, commenting, etc. it wasn't at all strange to hear from you. The casualness of our quick phone call would have been the same if you lived across the street!

I do love technology.

Sometimes I read these books that are set in earlier centuries, and the characters in the story receive letters from "home" and they're months old already!