15/05/2010

We're home!!

I was surprised as anyone on the plane last week when I squealed with glee as we pointed our nose to the east and the pilot threw on the jets.


We were returning to Montreal!


Why has my heart kept skipping a beat when I see familiar sights? Friends? Church family? Why did my inners feel all warm while cruising through downtown Montreal on Friday night? Or when we sat and watched the city lights sparkle from on top of Mount Royal?

Because we made it!
Full circle.
We're back.

Tom has the best metaphor to sum it up: It's like we ran a race, and just crossed the finish line. All we have left now are the 'interviews'.

And we've been doing them. I did a speaking engagement at a women's breakfast this past Saturday morning and Sunday evening we had a 2 hour presentation on LEC-Costa Rica. Then an intro to Ecuador...

Lots of people here are really excited that we're back. Some somewhat sad about us taking off again right away. To be honest, at times I dream of just being able to stay... Grab an apartment, set up shop, make a home-cooked meal from my very own fry pan and call it a night. But I know God has other plans right now, and following His is far more important than my fry pan.

Besides, the place we're crashing right now has some super fantastic pans!

And, as per usual, after praying for plans to be revealed at just the right time, God shows us a gleam of something we never imagined would be in our future. Well, at least not this soon*.

Sometimes I'm really glad we don't own crystal balls.






*No, I'm not pregnant.

No comments: